• Now is not the time to fight change says expert
• “Over time, with practice, we accrue what I call resilience wisdom”
(Total Recorded Time is 21:42)
Few single events have impacted life as much as the COVID-19 pandemic. And while the amount of permanent change it has created is yet to be seen, one thing seems certain: Change is upon us and woe to those who fight it.
Sarah Stebbins, an adjunct faculty member of Portland State University’s Center for Executive and Professional Education and who has worked with companies and organizations as a change management consultant for more than 25 years, says that instead of fighting change individuals will find that the answers lie within.
“Over time, with practice, we accrue what I call resilience wisdom, and it's that wisdom that we tap into as life throws new challenges our way,” she says.
Ms. Stebbins explains her thoughts in depth in this Bizgnus Podcast.
Please click here to watch: https://youtu.be/8Vk2BQEaC9U
Ms. Stebbins has also put her thoughts into a new book, “From Fire to Water: Moving Through Change: Six Elements for Personal Resiliency,” (Raging River Press, March 2021).
For more information: https://thebetterchange.com/
• New writers find it takes more than a turn of phrase
• “It’s one thing that writers should learn early on”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:00)
• They are a gift that helps solidify your customer base – if you handle them correctly
• “People remember these things literally for decades”
• You already have something in you that others will pay money to learn
• “It’s absolutely counterintuitive”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:51)
• An open mind state can unleash your creativity, expert says
• “Symbolically, we empty our mind, we get very quiet in order to become receptive”
• Carolina Billings used her crisis to form a new organization for women
• “My personal mission and vision is to increase women’s visibility and …
raditional approaches to getting the right people in the right jobs could be a mistake
• “You have to develop your capability as a leader”