• Joanne Intrator needed patience, expertise in psychopaths and a sense of outrage
• “It is a faceless bureaucracy”
This is a story about commercial real estate -- and a tenacious descendant.
It goes back to the 1930s in Germany when the Nazis forced a Berlin family to give up their business and its textile factory.
Fast-forward to the end of the 20th Century and psychiatrist Dr. Joanne Intrator, who picks up the story in this Bizgnus Interview podcast.
Please click here to watch the interview:
“It is a faceless bureaucracy,” she says of her years threading her way through Germany’s byzantine bureaucracy
Ms. Intrator details her battle with the Berlin bureaucrats in a memoir, “Summons to Berlin.”
During her research into the history of the Nazi theft, she discovered by her family’s textile factory had been used to make Nazi flags -- and one million yellow stars – the same stars that were sewn onto her grandfather’s clothes.
She says her psychiatrist expertise in psychopaths helped her to understand and confront the German bureaucrats, and ultimately gain restitution for her family's building.
For more information: https://joanneintrator.com/
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We have published unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
Opinions are those of our guests. Bizgnus never endorses the viewpoints, products or services of its guests, who are selected based on their knowledge and experience.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
We'd appreciate your financial support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
• The most serious problems compiled
• “So the average person might read it and understand what we need to deal with”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:27)
Drought. Global warming. Destruction …
• Why automated marketing is losing its punch
• “We’re doing things that annoy people”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:58
"Interrupting Cow …
• But beware of metaverse hype
• “As it is, we are isolated enough”
(Total Recorded Time is 21:15)
The success of your business may depend not so …
• Revealed: Why some relationships grind into failure
• “Work today is a team sport”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:27)
If you’re an older person, …
• Your brain knows but may not tell you
• “It would be great to say we never fall victim to our brain’s little tricks once we know about them”
• From stand-up to outstanding – with a lot of work
• “It is a leadership tool”
(Total Recorded Time is 23:44)
It takes a lot of practice to do …