• Joanne Intrator needed patience, expertise in psychopaths and a sense of outrage
• “It is a faceless bureaucracy”
This is a story about commercial real estate -- and a tenacious descendant.
It goes back to the 1930s in Germany when the Nazis forced a Berlin family to give up their business and its textile factory.
Fast-forward to the end of the 20th Century and psychiatrist Dr. Joanne Intrator, who picks up the story in this Bizgnus Interview podcast.
Please click here to watch the interview:
“It is a faceless bureaucracy,” she says of her years threading her way through Germany’s byzantine bureaucracy
Ms. Intrator details her battle with the Berlin bureaucrats in a memoir, “Summons to Berlin.”
During her research into the history of the Nazi theft, she discovered by her family’s textile factory had been used to make Nazi flags -- and one million yellow stars – the same stars that were sewn onto her grandfather’s clothes.
She says her psychiatrist expertise in psychopaths helped her to understand and confront the German bureaucrats, and ultimately gain restitution for her family's building.
For more information: https://joanneintrator.com/
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We have published unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
Opinions are those of our guests. Bizgnus never endorses the viewpoints, products or services of its guests, who are selected based on their knowledge and experience.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
We'd appreciate your financial support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400. Our email address is email@example.com
• New writers find it takes more than a turn of phrase
• “It’s one thing that writers should learn early on”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:00)
• They are a gift that helps solidify your customer base – if you handle them correctly
• “People remember these things literally for decades”
• You already have something in you that others will pay money to learn
• “It’s absolutely counterintuitive”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:51)
• An open mind state can unleash your creativity, expert says
• “Symbolically, we empty our mind, we get very quiet in order to become receptive”
• Carolina Billings used her crisis to form a new organization for women
• “My personal mission and vision is to increase women’s visibility and …
raditional approaches to getting the right people in the right jobs could be a mistake
• “You have to develop your capability as a leader”