• Your brain knows but may not tell you
• “It would be great to say we never fall victim to our brain’s little tricks once we know about them”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:30)
Watch it! Your brain may be about to fool you, cautions Melina Palmer, founder and CEO of The Brainy Business, which provides behavioral economics
consulting to businesses.
“It would be great to say we never fall victim to our brain’s little tricks once we know about them,” says Ms. Palmer, a behavioral economist. “Humans make, on average, 35,000 decisions every single day. That’s a lot and we can’t consciously process all of that information.”
So the subconscious handles the heavy load, she says. “It’s able to work so much faster.”
Understanding the tricks of the brain can help consumers as well as those selling to consumers, she says.
Melina Palmer joins us for this un-tricky Bizgnus Interview podcast.
Please click here to watch the interview:
Ms. Palmer, a member of the Global Association of Applied Behavioral Scientists, has contributed research to the Association for Consumer Research, Filene Research Institute, and writes the Behavioral Economics and Business column for Inc Magazine. She teaches applied behavioral economics through the Texas A and M Human Behavior Lab.
Her first book was, “What Your Customer Wants and Can’t Tell You,”published in May 2021. Her second book, “What Your Employees Need and Can’t Tell You, is scheduled for publication in October 2022.
For more information: https://thebrainybusiness.com/
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We have published unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
Opinions are those of our guests. Bizgnus never endorses the viewpoints, products or services of its guests, who are selected based on their knowledge and experience.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
We'd appreciate your financial support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
• New writers find it takes more than a turn of phrase
• “It’s one thing that writers should learn early on”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:00)
• They are a gift that helps solidify your customer base – if you handle them correctly
• “People remember these things literally for decades”
• You already have something in you that others will pay money to learn
• “It’s absolutely counterintuitive”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:51)
• An open mind state can unleash your creativity, expert says
• “Symbolically, we empty our mind, we get very quiet in order to become receptive”
• Carolina Billings used her crisis to form a new organization for women
• “My personal mission and vision is to increase women’s visibility and …
raditional approaches to getting the right people in the right jobs could be a mistake
• “You have to develop your capability as a leader”