raditional approaches to getting the right people in the right jobs could be a mistake
• “You have to develop your capability as a leader”
(Total Recorded Time is 19:20)
Here’s some good news: Perhaps a third of your workers are actually engaged in their work. The rest? Well, nearly one out of five of the people you’re paying is busy trying to find a new employer.
The figures are from Gallup, which has been measuring worker engagement for years. And they’re a tad better than they used to be.
But how do you boost worker engagement, get their sincere buy-in, retain top talent and recruit in these days of fewer talented workers?
Logan Loomis says he has the equation.
The New Orleans-based attorney, executive coach and author says relying on traditional approaches to getting the right people in the right jobs is a mistake.
In Bizgnus Interviews, he tells us why….
Please click here to watch the interview:
“We do have a talent crisis,” Mr. Loomis says. “There are not going to be enough people – particularly technical people – to fill the jobs we have in the Western economy.”
Adding to that is retaining top talent.
“You have to develop your capability as a leader to lead in a way that is going to have people want to work for you and stay with your business,” he says.
Logan Loomis is the author of the new book, “Getting the People Equation Right: How to Get the Right People in the Right Jobs and Keep Them,” (September 2022, Penn & Season Press).
As a lawyer who received training on how to fire someone but not on how to avoid bad hires, Mr. Loomis created an analytical way to consistently make better hiring decisions. He calls it the “People Equation” and says it is based on a combination of solid behavioral theory, application, and data.
For more information: www.LoganLoomis.com
• New writers find it takes more than a turn of phrase
• “It’s one thing that writers should learn early on”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:00)
• They are a gift that helps solidify your customer base – if you handle them correctly
• “People remember these things literally for decades”
• You already have something in you that others will pay money to learn
• “It’s absolutely counterintuitive”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:51)
• An open mind state can unleash your creativity, expert says
• “Symbolically, we empty our mind, we get very quiet in order to become receptive”
• Carolina Billings used her crisis to form a new organization for women
• “My personal mission and vision is to increase women’s visibility and …
• New leaders just need to understand two words
• “It absolutely helps to be a disciplined manager as the foundation of your leadership.”