• We know what’s wrong. Now, here are some solutions
• “There is definitely an increase in intolerance”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:33)
And it's not just Americans. Everyone seems to be arguing more.
Ken Cloke should know. For decades he has been a mediator and arbitrator, helping settle disputes and researching causes and solutions to impasses of all kinds and sizes.
“There is definitely an increase in intolerance, a kind of lower threshold for empathy, less interest in hearing who the other person actually is and what’s important to them,” he says. “A great deal of this comes from a variety of different stresses and pressures that are creating a fear in people of illness, of loss, of change that they aren’t entirely prepared for.”
He says he’s seeing a definite increase in vexatiousness among Americans and that it’s not entirely connected to being cooped up by the COVID pandemic.
He joins us in this Bizgnus Interview podcast with ideas you can apply immediately to help solve disputes of all sizes.
Please click here to watch the interview:
Kenneth Cloke is director of the Center for Dispute Resolution, based in Columbus, Ohio. He’s a tad busy, with his company saying he’s a mediator, arbitrator, facilitator, coach, consultant and trainer, specializing in communication, negotiation, and resolving complex multi-party disputes, including marital, divorce, family, community, grievance and workplace disputes, collective bargaining negotiations, organizational and school conflicts, sexual harassment, discrimination, and public policy disputes; and designing preventative conflict resolution systems.
For more information: www.kencloke.com
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We have published unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
Opinions are those of our guests. Bizgnus never endorses the viewpoints, products or services of its guests, who are selected based on their knowledge and experience.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
We'd appreciate your financial support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400. Our email address is email@example.com
• The most serious problems compiled
• “So the average person might read it and understand what we need to deal with”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:27)
Drought. Global warming. Destruction …
• Why automated marketing is losing its punch
• “We’re doing things that annoy people”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:58
"Interrupting Cow …
• But beware of metaverse hype
• “As it is, we are isolated enough”
(Total Recorded Time is 21:15)
The success of your business may depend not so …
• Revealed: Why some relationships grind into failure
• “Work today is a team sport”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:27)
If you’re an older person, …
• Your brain knows but may not tell you
• “It would be great to say we never fall victim to our brain’s little tricks once we know about them”
• From stand-up to outstanding – with a lot of work
• “It is a leadership tool”
(Total Recorded Time is 23:44)
It takes a lot of practice to do …