• Beth McRae offers tips from experience
• ““We’ve kept our company very diversified over the years”
As entrepreneurs will say, owning a business provides harsh lessons.
Beth McRae, who oversees the McRae Agency in the Phoenix area, has had a few of those tough lessons but has survived and prospered.
Her company has more than 20 years in the public relations, social media and marketing industries, weathering downturns from the dot-com bust to the Great recession.
What’s the secret?
We asked Ms. McRae to set the stage by telling a bit about herself and her company, which has grown to be one of the best-known boutique public relations agencies in the West….
• Former restauranteur knows the real recipe for business success
• “A lesson that’s not just for business, but is actually a lesson for life”
Total Recorded Time is 23:55
Dan Sachs knows …
• Too many in business are letting their creativity languish, expert says
• “Everything about creativity can be learned”
Despite all the talk about innovation, people in business are not …
• Public pension plans are just murder for insider Josiah Vencel
• “It’s nonfiction wrapped in fiction”
There are only a few ways to keep a public pension fund financially viable: …
• No, you’re not immune to bias
• “Work that really does have an impact is when you help people understand the way they’re making decisions”
Howard Ross, a lifelong social justice …
• Expert Jennifer Kahnweiler says it’s time organizations were introvert-friendly
• “You’ll get so much more out of your team if you play to their preferences”
(Total recorded time is …
• How to spot the hidden technology reefs that could shipwreck your small business
• “You can be leveraging technology in the same way that a …