• Vito Altavilla tells how he did it
• “It’s more like you’re a chronicler of an age
(Total Recorded Time is 13:12)
Lots of people think they’ve got a book inside of them but few do anything about it.
Vito Altavilla of Cincinnati had a book inside, too, but he has done something about it. He has used a self-publisher to get his book, “It Began in Brooklyn,” edited and published.
“If it’s nonfiction, just tell the truth,” he says. “When you start writing … you’re writing your life’s experience. It’s more like you’re a chronicler of an age.”
Mr. Altavilla offers some tips from his experience for those thinking about writing their first book in this Bizgnus audio and video podcast.
Please click here to watch the interview:
Mr. Altavilla says he was a street-wise kid growing up in 1940s Brooklyn, New York. He went on to a career that saw him working as a chemical research engineer for 22 years in Montreal, finally returning to the U.S. as his children entered college. Now retired, he lives in Cincinnati, Ohio, finishing a screenplay based on his book.
For more information: http://itbeganinbrooklyn.com/
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We have taken pride in offering hundreds of unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
And, frankly, that's where you come in. We'd appreciate your support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
It is not required. We're happy to have you watch and listen even if you cannot support us as a patron.
Thank you for your support!
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400.
• Recession – or worse – ahead, warns economist
• “There’s a good chance we’ll have a recession in 2023”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:02)
The nation’s economy, if not the world economy, is …
• Marine Corps veteran turned author says quantum mechanics points to an inner god
• “I’ve come around to this idea we all have a god inside us”
(TRT is 24:15)
David Richards went from a …
• He taps ancient wisdom
• “So I thought it was time to up end the way we are talking to each other”
(TRT is 20:56)
Elvir Causevic runs a boutique investment bank in San Francisco. But …
• Business coach says even grief can help rebuild success
• “I stumbled upon grief as many of us do”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:37)
Failure and grief can be turned into into personal, …
• David Bentall went through one and has learned
• “It was a very, very painful thing for our family”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:23)
Your children. …
• New writers find it takes more than a turn of phrase
• “It’s one thing that writers should learn early on”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:00)