• Vito Altavilla tells how he did it
• “It’s more like you’re a chronicler of an age
(Total Recorded Time is 13:12)
Lots of people think they’ve got a book inside of them but few do anything about it.
Vito Altavilla of Cincinnati had a book inside, too, but he has done something about it. He has used a self-publisher to get his book, “It Began in Brooklyn,” edited and published.
“If it’s nonfiction, just tell the truth,” he says. “When you start writing … you’re writing your life’s experience. It’s more like you’re a chronicler of an age.”
Mr. Altavilla offers some tips from his experience for those thinking about writing their first book in this Bizgnus audio and video podcast.
Please click here to watch the interview:
Mr. Altavilla says he was a street-wise kid growing up in 1940s Brooklyn, New York. He went on to a career that saw him working as a chemical research engineer for 22 years in Montreal, finally returning to the U.S. as his children entered college. Now retired, he lives in Cincinnati, Ohio, finishing a screenplay based on his book.
For more information: http://itbeganinbrooklyn.com/
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We have taken pride in offering hundreds of unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
And, frankly, that's where you come in. We'd appreciate your support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
It is not required. We're happy to have you watch and listen even if you cannot support us as a patron.
Thank you for your support!
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400.
• Expert says successful companies will be the resilient ones
• “Manufacturers are slowly ramping up operations to bring them closer to home”
• Mike Wolf says U.S. offers overlooked opportunities
• “We get into real estate to create freedom for ourselves”
(Total Recorded Time is 27:10)
• The four essential elements
• “Much more important than that was the culture we developed”
(Total Recorded Time is 11:52)
At a time when worker’s …
How Steve Marks helped build his small muffin shop into a big business
• “My dream and passion has always been to own my own business”
(Total Recorded Time is 20:52)
In the next minute …
• Now Jeff Martinovich is rebuilding his life and business
• “I believe we need to make ourselves stronger inch by inch”
(Total Recorded Time is 23:35)
Jeffrey Martinovich is a builder, …
• The Bizgnus time machine gears up for a remarkable podcast
• “Business and politics were more overtly intertwined”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:06)