• Vito Altavilla tells how he did it
• “It’s more like you’re a chronicler of an age
(Total Recorded Time is 13:12)
Lots of people think they’ve got a book inside of them but few do anything about it.
Vito Altavilla of Cincinnati had a book inside, too, but he has done something about it. He has used a self-publisher to get his book, “It Began in Brooklyn,” edited and published.
“If it’s nonfiction, just tell the truth,” he says. “When you start writing … you’re writing your life’s experience. It’s more like you’re a chronicler of an age.”
Mr. Altavilla offers some tips from his experience for those thinking about writing their first book in this Bizgnus audio and video podcast.
Please click here to watch the interview:
Mr. Altavilla says he was a street-wise kid growing up in 1940s Brooklyn, New York. He went on to a career that saw him working as a chemical research engineer for 22 years in Montreal, finally returning to the U.S. as his children entered college. Now retired, he lives in Cincinnati, Ohio, finishing a screenplay based on his book.
For more information: http://itbeganinbrooklyn.com/
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We have taken pride in offering hundreds of unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
And, frankly, that's where you come in. We'd appreciate your support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
It is not required. We're happy to have you watch and listen even if you cannot support us as a patron.
Thank you for your support!
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400.
• Only pay and advancement tops clear communications
• “It’s all important that you know which words matter”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:39)
• Expert tells why customer onboarding is as important as the sale
• “Find out what your customers want and need”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:51)
For more than two decades, Donna Weber has …
• A quiet Charlotte family is thrust into Hollywood
• “Writing for me was something that I didn’t share with anybody”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:21)
• Transformation coach points to his own unusual experience
• “I have a mission on this Earth”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:04)
What he describes as a mystical experience has shaped the …
• It’s the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S.
• “When you bring up the word ‘suicide,’ people shut down”
(Total Recorded Time is 26:05)
• Your best leaders might not be called manager
• “We like to call those people the ‘sparks’”
(Total Recorded Time is 14:30)
Executive coach Courtney Lynch, who has worked for years with …