• Vito Altavilla tells how he did it
• “It’s more like you’re a chronicler of an age
(Total Recorded Time is 13:12)
Lots of people think they’ve got a book inside of them but few do anything about it.
Vito Altavilla of Cincinnati had a book inside, too, but he has done something about it. He has used a self-publisher to get his book, “It Began in Brooklyn,” edited and published.
“If it’s nonfiction, just tell the truth,” he says. “When you start writing … you’re writing your life’s experience. It’s more like you’re a chronicler of an age.”
Mr. Altavilla offers some tips from his experience for those thinking about writing their first book in this Bizgnus audio and video podcast.
Please click here to watch the interview:
Mr. Altavilla says he was a street-wise kid growing up in 1940s Brooklyn, New York. He went on to a career that saw him working as a chemical research engineer for 22 years in Montreal, finally returning to the U.S. as his children entered college. Now retired, he lives in Cincinnati, Ohio, finishing a screenplay based on his book.
For more information: http://itbeganinbrooklyn.com/
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We have taken pride in offering hundreds of unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
And, frankly, that's where you come in. We'd appreciate your support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
It is not required. We're happy to have you watch and listen even if you cannot support us as a patron.
Thank you for your support!
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400.
• Mark Willis says people should bank on themselves
• “When do we ever stop to think about our wants and needs are for ourselves?”
Author and …
• New techniques can be applied at home and work
• “We’d like to think we’re good listeners, but….”
(Total Recorded Time is 6:16)
If you’re trying to communicate better at work, perhaps …
• What Hemmingway can teach beginning authors
• “If you want to be a professional, you’ve got to treat it like a job”
(Total Recorded Time is 27:24)
So you think you can write a book? If …
• New brain patterns can help shed limiting beliefs
• “Everything is based around energy. Everything”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:15)
We’ve heard about IQ. And EQ. Now, says veteran …
• Cult victim grows into a meditation teacher and yoga guru
• MahanKirn Khalsa talks about her life
From poverty and degradation to worldwide …
• Survivor of war-torn Berlin recounts life’s lessons
• An ironic twist to Hitler’s car
For many younger people, the horrors of World War Two are something read about in a history book. …