• Elisha Shapiro came up age a the entertainment industry changed
• “Most of it’s dumb luck”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:22)
For four decades, Elisha Shapiro has been part of the artistic scene in Los Angeles, creating what he calls conceptual art that explores modern mass media, beliefs, and the very nature of art.
And for the past 20 years he’s spearheaded the annual Nihilist Film Festival.
Mr. Shapiro joins us on this Bizgnus podcast to talk about the entertainment business from a decidedly different perspective.
Please click here to watch the interview:
“There is another LA, where there are really creative people doing wonderful stuff,” he says.
Mr. Shapiro has put his experiences and observations into a new book, “LA Freak,” which he describes as the true story of a quirky kid who grew up in Los Angeles in the 1960s and 1970s thinking the Hollywood dream was a joke only to become an artist who thinks everything os a joke.
And of those who have managed to become successful entertainers, “Most of it’s dumb luck,” he says.
For more information: http://www.nihilists.net
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We take pride in offering unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
Opinions are those of our guests. Bizgnus never endorses the viewpoints, products or services of its guests, who are selected based on their knowledge and experience.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
And, frankly, that's where you come in. We'd appreciate your support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
It is not required. We're happy to have you watch and listen even if you cannot support us as a patron.
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
• Joanne Intrator needed patience, expertise in psychopaths and a sense of outrage
• “It is a faceless bureaucracy”
This is a story about commercial real estate -- and a …
• The most serious problems compiled
• “So the average person might read it and understand what we need to deal with”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:27)
Drought. Global warming. Destruction …
• Why automated marketing is losing its punch
• “We’re doing things that annoy people”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:58
"Interrupting Cow …
• But beware of metaverse hype
• “As it is, we are isolated enough”
(Total Recorded Time is 21:15)
The success of your business may depend not so …
• Revealed: Why some relationships grind into failure
• “Work today is a team sport”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:27)
If you’re an older person, …
• Your brain knows but may not tell you
• “It would be great to say we never fall victim to our brain’s little tricks once we know about them”