• Elisha Shapiro came up age a the entertainment industry changed
• “Most of it’s dumb luck”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:22)
For four decades, Elisha Shapiro has been part of the artistic scene in Los Angeles, creating what he calls conceptual art that explores modern mass media, beliefs, and the very nature of art.
And for the past 20 years he’s spearheaded the annual Nihilist Film Festival.
Mr. Shapiro joins us on this Bizgnus podcast to talk about the entertainment business from a decidedly different perspective.
Please click here to watch the interview:
“There is another LA, where there are really creative people doing wonderful stuff,” he says.
Mr. Shapiro has put his experiences and observations into a new book, “LA Freak,” which he describes as the true story of a quirky kid who grew up in Los Angeles in the 1960s and 1970s thinking the Hollywood dream was a joke only to become an artist who thinks everything os a joke.
And of those who have managed to become successful entertainers, “Most of it’s dumb luck,” he says.
For more information: http://www.nihilists.net
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We take pride in offering unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
Opinions are those of our guests. Bizgnus never endorses the viewpoints, products or services of its guests, who are selected based on their knowledge and experience.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
And, frankly, that's where you come in. We'd appreciate your support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
It is not required. We're happy to have you watch and listen even if you cannot support us as a patron.
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bakersfield man wants to call attention to child abuse
• “3,030 of that was walked”
(Total Recorded Time is 23:34)
Here’s a factoid you might need: A pair of tennis shoes is good for …
• Simon Severino says a modest goal is to double sales within 90 days
• “I help executives with ‘go to market’”
(Total Recorded Time is 14:40)
Succeeding in business is often compared to …
• Could inflation become far worse than the Federal Reserve expects?
• Economist blasts Fed
(Total Recorded Time is 24:44)
Inflation is prominent …
• Demographer says the real problem lies overseas
• The Baby Boomers are leaving big shoes to fill
(Total Recorded Time is 21:19)
The national unemployment rate is under 5 percent and in …
• It’s the new strategy of “flexing”
• Michigan business professor Sue Ashford explains how to do it
(Total Recorded Time is 22:32)
By making small, daily, changes, a person or even an …
• Negotiations guru Cash Nickerson says it helps to know martial arts
• “I’m talking about internal martial arts”
(Total Recorded Time is 12:25)
Cash Nickerson has learned a thing or two …