• Career with candymaker revealed the teamwork sweet spot
• Individual motivation is the key to collaboration effectiveness he says
(Total Recorded Time is 20:58)
Carlos Valdes-Dapena says we’re doing teamwork wrong
Companies and organizations that think they have great teamwork may be deluding themselves, says Mr. Valdes-Dapena.
Traditional team building offers a quick fix, or distraction, from a team's real issues, he says.
“I have a particular focus on what does and does not work in the realm of teams and team building,” says Mr. Valdes-Dapena.
He built a better way while working in management for the candy maker Mars Inc. After 17 years there, he formed his own company, Corporate Collaboration Resources LLC, to take his techniques to other organizations.
Carlos Valdes-Dapena joins us for this Bizgnus Interview podcast.
Please click here to watch the Bizgnus interview:
He says his research at the highest organizational levels points to individual motivation as the key to collaboration effectiveness. This shift empowers teams to create a culture of collaboration.
For more information: https://www.carlosvdapena.com/
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We have published unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
Opinions are those of our guests. Bizgnus never endorses the viewpoints, products or services of its guests, who are selected based on their knowledge and experience.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
We'd appreciate your financial support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
• The most serious problems compiled
• “So the average person might read it and understand what we need to deal with”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:27)
Drought. Global warming. Destruction …
• Why automated marketing is losing its punch
• “We’re doing things that annoy people”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:58
"Interrupting Cow …
• But beware of metaverse hype
• “As it is, we are isolated enough”
(Total Recorded Time is 21:15)
The success of your business may depend not so …
• Revealed: Why some relationships grind into failure
• “Work today is a team sport”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:27)
If you’re an older person, …
• Your brain knows but may not tell you
• “It would be great to say we never fall victim to our brain’s little tricks once we know about them”
• From stand-up to outstanding – with a lot of work
• “It is a leadership tool”
(Total Recorded Time is 23:44)
It takes a lot of practice to do …