• Going beyond Dale Carnegie
• “What I talk about is the science of influence”
(Total Recorded Time is 20:00)
Dale Carnegie called it “human engineering.” Some call it manipulation.
But Brian Ahearn says it’s learning how to ethically influence people.
He says the ability to ethically influence people is a skill anyone can learn, practice, and perfect.
“We all exert some amount of influence by merely being present,” he says. “What I talk about is the science of influence.”
Mr. Ahearn, who is the chief influence officer at the firm Influence PEOPLE, in Columbus, Ohio, specializes in applying the science of influence in everyday business situations.
He joins us for this Bizgnus Interview podcast.
Please click here to watch the interview:
Mr. Ahearn spent more than 30 years in the insurance industry and is one of only a dozen individuals in the world who currently holds the Cialdini Method Certified Trainer designation.
His first book, “Influence PEOPLE,” was named one of the Top 100 influence books of all time by BookAuthority. His second book, “Persuasive Selling for Relationship Driven Insurance Agents,” was an Amazon new release bestseller.
His new book is “The Influencer: Secrets to Success and Happiness.”
For more information: https://www.influencepeople.biz
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We have published unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
Opinions are those of our guests. Bizgnus never endorses the viewpoints, products or services of its guests, who are selected based on their knowledge and experience.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
We'd appreciate your financial support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
• New writers find it takes more than a turn of phrase
• “It’s one thing that writers should learn early on”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:00)
• They are a gift that helps solidify your customer base – if you handle them correctly
• “People remember these things literally for decades”
• You already have something in you that others will pay money to learn
• “It’s absolutely counterintuitive”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:51)
• An open mind state can unleash your creativity, expert says
• “Symbolically, we empty our mind, we get very quiet in order to become receptive”
• Carolina Billings used her crisis to form a new organization for women
• “My personal mission and vision is to increase women’s visibility and …
raditional approaches to getting the right people in the right jobs could be a mistake
• “You have to develop your capability as a leader”