• Why traditional authoritarian approaches no longer fit today’s leadership needs
• Revealed: The five “Cs” to success
Do nice guys really finish last? Not according to Ed Frauenheim in the new book Reinventing Masculinity.
He says traditional aspects of masculinity actually inhibit progress in an organization, especially with Millennials filling more and more positions.
“While a debate has raged in our popular culture about whether men are getting too soft, a quiet consensus has developed in the organizational world: today, soft skills are success skills,” Mr. Frauenheim writes in the book, co-authored with Edward Adams. “Compassion and connection—along with their cousins cooperation, communication, empathy, and generosity itself— have become critical to individual and team effectiveness.”
He says Millennials just don’t respond to authoritarian, my way or the highway leadership. And Millennials are not necessarily workaholics – many prioritize a fulfilling life outside of work.
Ed Frauneheim is our guest on this Bizgnus Podcast.
• What? You didn’t know? Why this is “The Era of Workplace Fun”
• Fun is serious business in recruiting – and retaining – the best
(Total Recorded Time is 42:43)
Repeat after me: “Work …
• Sales expert finds the 100 most critical sales skills
• “Six key themes emerged”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:48)
You might call him the “Readers Digest” for that aisle of books about …
• If you can’t or won’t sell, is business ownership for you?
• “One of the things I hope the book does is that it prevents people from making the big mistakes”
(Total Recorded Time is …
• Expert says it’s time to ditch the old way of selling – pitching, persuading and pressuring
• “Too often social entrepreneurs underestimate the …
• As nation emerges from COVID, leaders face new challenges to keep employees motivated
• “You’ve got to get in the game”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:05)
In addition to its tragic death …
• What leaders should prepare for
• “People are managing it very differently”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:41)
As the U.S. emerges from its worst …