• Why traditional authoritarian approaches no longer fit today’s leadership needs
• Revealed: The five “Cs” to success
Do nice guys really finish last? Not according to Ed Frauenheim in the new book Reinventing Masculinity.
He says traditional aspects of masculinity actually inhibit progress in an organization, especially with Millennials filling more and more positions.
“While a debate has raged in our popular culture about whether men are getting too soft, a quiet consensus has developed in the organizational world: today, soft skills are success skills,” Mr. Frauenheim writes in the book, co-authored with Edward Adams. “Compassion and connection—along with their cousins cooperation, communication, empathy, and generosity itself— have become critical to individual and team effectiveness.”
He says Millennials just don’t respond to authoritarian, my way or the highway leadership. And Millennials are not necessarily workaholics – many prioritize a fulfilling life outside of work.
Ed Frauneheim is our guest on this Bizgnus Podcast.
• Mark Willis says people should bank on themselves
• “When do we ever stop to think about our wants and needs are for ourselves?”
Author and …
• New techniques can be applied at home and work
• “We’d like to think we’re good listeners, but….”
(Total Recorded Time is 6:16)
If you’re trying to communicate better at work, perhaps …
• What Hemmingway can teach beginning authors
• “If you want to be a professional, you’ve got to treat it like a job”
(Total Recorded Time is 27:24)
So you think you can write a book? If …
• New brain patterns can help shed limiting beliefs
• “Everything is based around energy. Everything”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:15)
We’ve heard about IQ. And EQ. Now, says veteran …
• Cult victim grows into a meditation teacher and yoga guru
• MahanKirn Khalsa talks about her life
From poverty and degradation to worldwide …
• Survivor of war-torn Berlin recounts life’s lessons
• An ironic twist to Hitler’s car
For many younger people, the horrors of World War Two are something read about in a history book. …