• Doctor Roo hops to the rescue in unusual book series
• “I’ve had her in my mind for many years”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:12)
To the ranks of “doctors” like Derek Shepherd and Meredith Gray of “Grey's Anatomy,” Henry Higgins of “My Fair Lady” and Dr. Watson of Sherlock Holmes fame, it may be time to add Doctor Roo.
Doctor Roo is perhaps the most unusual of this literary lot, being a kangaroo.
The character, also referred to as Doctoroo, has been created by a real doctor, Rachel Wellner, who has been in practice for more than 20 years and is a breast oncology surgeon.
“I’ve had her in my mind for many years. I’ve always wanted a story for children,” she says. “I felt this was a good way to connect with children.”
Ms. Wellner is out with the third book in her series about Doctor Marsha Roo. She joins us for this Bizgnus Podcast Interview to tell why she has made time in her schedule to write this series of books.
Please click here to watch the Bizgnus interview:
The Doctoroo children's series follows an MD kangaroo – and her animal friends -- as they go on various adventures. The third book in the series is “Doctoroo & The Case of the Red Hot Hawaiians.”
Ms. Wellner says she created the series to encourage parents to read and teach their children about health and safety.
For more information: https://drrachelwellner.com/
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We have published unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
Opinions are those of our guests. Bizgnus never endorses the viewpoints, products or services of its guests, who are selected based on their knowledge and experience.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
We'd appreciate your financial support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mark Willis says people should bank on themselves
• “When do we ever stop to think about our wants and needs are for ourselves?”
Author and …
• New techniques can be applied at home and work
• “We’d like to think we’re good listeners, but….”
(Total Recorded Time is 6:16)
If you’re trying to communicate better at work, perhaps …
• What Hemmingway can teach beginning authors
• “If you want to be a professional, you’ve got to treat it like a job”
(Total Recorded Time is 27:24)
So you think you can write a book? If …
• New brain patterns can help shed limiting beliefs
• “Everything is based around energy. Everything”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:15)
We’ve heard about IQ. And EQ. Now, says veteran …
• Cult victim grows into a meditation teacher and yoga guru
• MahanKirn Khalsa talks about her life
From poverty and degradation to worldwide …
• Survivor of war-torn Berlin recounts life’s lessons
• An ironic twist to Hitler’s car
For many younger people, the horrors of World War Two are something read about in a history book. …