• Doctor Roo hops to the rescue in unusual book series
• “I’ve had her in my mind for many years”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:12)
To the ranks of “doctors” like Derek Shepherd and Meredith Gray of “Grey's Anatomy,” Henry Higgins of “My Fair Lady” and Dr. Watson of Sherlock Holmes fame, it may be time to add Doctor Roo.
Doctor Roo is perhaps the most unusual of this literary lot, being a kangaroo.
The character, also referred to as Doctoroo, has been created by a real doctor, Rachel Wellner, who has been in practice for more than 20 years and is a breast oncology surgeon.
“I’ve had her in my mind for many years. I’ve always wanted a story for children,” she says. “I felt this was a good way to connect with children.”
Ms. Wellner is out with the third book in her series about Doctor Marsha Roo. She joins us for this Bizgnus Podcast Interview to tell why she has made time in her schedule to write this series of books.
Please click here to watch the Bizgnus interview:
The Doctoroo children's series follows an MD kangaroo – and her animal friends -- as they go on various adventures. The third book in the series is “Doctoroo & The Case of the Red Hot Hawaiians.”
Ms. Wellner says she created the series to encourage parents to read and teach their children about health and safety.
For more information: https://drrachelwellner.com/
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We have published unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
Opinions are those of our guests. Bizgnus never endorses the viewpoints, products or services of its guests, who are selected based on their knowledge and experience.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
We'd appreciate your financial support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
• Recession – or worse – ahead, warns economist
• “There’s a good chance we’ll have a recession in 2023”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:02)
The nation’s economy, if not the world economy, is …
• Marine Corps veteran turned author says quantum mechanics points to an inner god
• “I’ve come around to this idea we all have a god inside us”
(TRT is 24:15)
David Richards went from a …
• He taps ancient wisdom
• “So I thought it was time to up end the way we are talking to each other”
(TRT is 20:56)
Elvir Causevic runs a boutique investment bank in San Francisco. But …
• Business coach says even grief can help rebuild success
• “I stumbled upon grief as many of us do”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:37)
Failure and grief can be turned into into personal, …
• David Bentall went through one and has learned
• “It was a very, very painful thing for our family”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:23)
Your children. …
• New writers find it takes more than a turn of phrase
• “It’s one thing that writers should learn early on”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:00)