• As nation emerges from COVID, leaders face new challenges to keep employees motivated
• “You’ve got to get in the game”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:05)
In addition to its tragic death toll, the COVID pandemic has prompted unprecedented business change from reinvented business models to reliance on a virtual business environment.
What’s next? It will be the urgent need to reengage with employees, says Pamela Hackett, global CEO of the international consultancy Proudfoot.
“At the end of the day, we’re social creatures and we really need to connect,” she says.
Whether a for-profit business or a nonprofit organization, this need for reconnection in the workplace is here, she says.
“You’ve got to get in the game. You’ve got to connect with your people. And the way to do it best is to put that routine, that rhythm, into your day,” she says.
Ms. Hackett says connecting with staff must be more than pro forma. “In the old days, you really weren’t meant to get into the ‘touchy-feely’ stuff, but today you really do have to ask how people are actually doing.”
Please click here to watch our Bizgnus interview with Pamela Hackett: https://youtu.be/NBOAR3AKLsY
Ms. Hackett has advised, led, and supported people through major change within some of the world's most prominent companies and brands throughout her 35 years in management consulting. She is the, a pioneer of “boots on the ground” consulting that’s been in the game for eight decades.
She is the author of the new book, “Manage to Engage: How Great Managers Create Remarkable Results,” Wiley; 1st edition (April 6, 2021).
For more information: pamelahackett.com
• Recession – or worse – ahead, warns economist
• “There’s a good chance we’ll have a recession in 2023”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:02)
The nation’s economy, if not the world economy, is …
• Marine Corps veteran turned author says quantum mechanics points to an inner god
• “I’ve come around to this idea we all have a god inside us”
(TRT is 24:15)
David Richards went from a …
• He taps ancient wisdom
• “So I thought it was time to up end the way we are talking to each other”
(TRT is 20:56)
Elvir Causevic runs a boutique investment bank in San Francisco. But …
• Business coach says even grief can help rebuild success
• “I stumbled upon grief as many of us do”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:37)
Failure and grief can be turned into into personal, …
• David Bentall went through one and has learned
• “It was a very, very painful thing for our family”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:23)
Your children. …
• New writers find it takes more than a turn of phrase
• “It’s one thing that writers should learn early on”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:00)