• As nation emerges from COVID, leaders face new challenges to keep employees motivated
• “You’ve got to get in the game”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:05)
In addition to its tragic death toll, the COVID pandemic has prompted unprecedented business change from reinvented business models to reliance on a virtual business environment.
What’s next? It will be the urgent need to reengage with employees, says Pamela Hackett, global CEO of the international consultancy Proudfoot.
“At the end of the day, we’re social creatures and we really need to connect,” she says.
Whether a for-profit business or a nonprofit organization, this need for reconnection in the workplace is here, she says.
“You’ve got to get in the game. You’ve got to connect with your people. And the way to do it best is to put that routine, that rhythm, into your day,” she says.
Ms. Hackett says connecting with staff must be more than pro forma. “In the old days, you really weren’t meant to get into the ‘touchy-feely’ stuff, but today you really do have to ask how people are actually doing.”
Please click here to watch our Bizgnus interview with Pamela Hackett: https://youtu.be/NBOAR3AKLsY
Ms. Hackett has advised, led, and supported people through major change within some of the world's most prominent companies and brands throughout her 35 years in management consulting. She is the, a pioneer of “boots on the ground” consulting that’s been in the game for eight decades.
She is the author of the new book, “Manage to Engage: How Great Managers Create Remarkable Results,” Wiley; 1st edition (April 6, 2021).
For more information: pamelahackett.com
• Vito Altavilla tells how he did it
• “It’s more like you’re a chronicler of an age
(Total Recorded Time is 13:12)
Lots of people think they’ve got a book inside of them but few do …
• Only pay and advancement tops clear communications
• “It’s all important that you know which words matter”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:39)
• Expert tells why customer onboarding is as important as the sale
• “Find out what your customers want and need”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:51)
For more than two decades, Donna Weber has …
• A quiet Charlotte family is thrust into Hollywood
• “Writing for me was something that I didn’t share with anybody”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:21)
• Transformation coach points to his own unusual experience
• “I have a mission on this Earth”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:04)
What he describes as a mystical experience has shaped the …
• It’s the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S.
• “When you bring up the word ‘suicide,’ people shut down”
(Total Recorded Time is 26:05)