• Why automated marketing is losing its punch
• “We’re doing things that annoy people”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:58
"Interrupting Cow wh--"
If you have children or grandchildren, you’ve probably heard the joke,
But Mark Schaefer isn’t laughing.
When it comes to marketing, few know the ins and outs better than Mr. Schaefer, a keynote speaker, educator, business consultant, and author.
And he says it’s time to stop irritating people with your cow-like marketing.
“We’re doing things that annoy people,” he says. “Marketing historically has been a combination of psychology and sociology and anthropology – not automation.
“If we’re spamming people, if we’re interrupting them, intercepting them in a way that annoys then, we need to stop.”
After more than 30 years in global sales, PR, and marketing and as executive director of Schaefer Marketing Solutions working with companies as diverse as Adidas, Johnson & Johnson, GE Life Sciences, the U.S. Air Force and the UK government, he says it’s increasingly difficult to do effective marketing.
He says that’s due to a raft of reasons, ranging from the sheer volume of information that’s flooding the world to the seemingly infinite number of channels delivering it.
What’s the answer or answers? Mark Schaefer joins us for this Bizgnus Interview podcast.
Please click here to watch the interview:
Mark Schaefer has spoken in 35 different countries and is the author of nine books, some of which have been used as textbooks at more than 70 universities and translated into 14 languages.
For more information: https://businessesgrow.com/
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We have published unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
Opinions are those of our guests. Bizgnus never endorses the viewpoints, products or services of its guests, who are selected based on their knowledge and experience.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
We'd appreciate your financial support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
• Joanne Intrator needed patience, expertise in psychopaths and a sense of outrage
• “It is a faceless bureaucracy”
This is a story about commercial real estate -- and a …
• The most serious problems compiled
• “So the average person might read it and understand what we need to deal with”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:27)
Drought. Global warming. Destruction …
• But beware of metaverse hype
• “As it is, we are isolated enough”
(Total Recorded Time is 21:15)
The success of your business may depend not so …
• Revealed: Why some relationships grind into failure
• “Work today is a team sport”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:27)
If you’re an older person, …
• Your brain knows but may not tell you
• “It would be great to say we never fall victim to our brain’s little tricks once we know about them”
• From stand-up to outstanding – with a lot of work
• “It is a leadership tool”
(Total Recorded Time is 23:44)
It takes a lot of practice to do …