• It’s the new strategy of “flexing”
• Michigan business professor Sue Ashford explains how to do it
(Total Recorded Time is 22:32)
By making small, daily, changes, a person or even an organization can achieve new levels of personal and professional growth, says Sue Ashford, a professor of management and organizations at the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business.
She’s developed a technique that she says individuals, teams, even entire organizations can use to learn, grow, and develop skills and knowledge for every new project, work assignment, and problem.
Ms. Ashford calls the technique “flexing.” She joins us on this Bizgnus Podcast to explain the concept and how it has worked.
Ms. Ashford has put her techniques into a new book, “The Power Of Flexing,” (Harper Business; September 2021).
She holds the Michael and Susan Jandernoa Professorship and is chair of the Management and Organizations group at the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan. She has been recognized with two lifetime achievement awards for her scholarship from the Academy of Management and her academic work has been published in the Academy of Management Review, Academy of Management Journal, Administrative Science Quarterly, Strategic Management Journal, and the Journal of Applied Psychology.
For more information: www.susanashford.com
• Bakersfield man wants to call attention to child abuse
• “3,030 of that was walked”
(Total Recorded Time is 23:34)
Here’s a factoid you might need: A pair of tennis shoes is good for …
• Simon Severino says a modest goal is to double sales within 90 days
• “I help executives with ‘go to market’”
(Total Recorded Time is 14:40)
Succeeding in business is often compared to …
• Elisha Shapiro came up age a the entertainment industry changed
• “Most of it’s dumb luck”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:22)
For four decades, Elisha Shapiro has been part of the artistic …
• Could inflation become far worse than the Federal Reserve expects?
• Economist blasts Fed
(Total Recorded Time is 24:44)
Inflation is prominent …
• Demographer says the real problem lies overseas
• The Baby Boomers are leaving big shoes to fill
(Total Recorded Time is 21:19)
The national unemployment rate is under 5 percent and in …
• Negotiations guru Cash Nickerson says it helps to know martial arts
• “I’m talking about internal martial arts”
(Total Recorded Time is 12:25)
Cash Nickerson has learned a thing or two …