• New leaders just need to understand two words
• “It absolutely helps to be a disciplined manager as the foundation of your leadership.”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:15)
Congratulations on the promotion. Or should that be condolences?
Too often, businesses promote people to what is sarcastically called their level of incompetence.
Leadership consultant Bill Treasurer says people newly promoted to leadership positions often discover that what they thought a leader’s job would be and what it is are two different things.
But Mr. Treasurer says it does not have to be that way.
He’s spent decades offering leadership training and with all of that experience has boiled it down to two words. Or maybe many two words.
He talks about those words in this Bizgnus Interviews podcast
Please click here to watch the interview:
“Leadership is management at scale,” he says, noting that good leaders must also be good managers. “It absolutely helps to be a disciplined manager as the foundation of your leadership.”
Bill Treasurer founded Giant Leap Consulting in 2002 and has worked with thousands of leaders in the U.S. and beyond, including NASA, eBay, Lenovo, UBS Bank, Saks Fifth Avenue, and many more.
His newest book is “Leadership Two Words at a Time: Simple Truths for Leading Complicated People,” (BK Publishers, September 2022).
For more information: giantleapconsulting.com
• New writers find it takes more than a turn of phrase
• “It’s one thing that writers should learn early on”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:00)
• They are a gift that helps solidify your customer base – if you handle them correctly
• “People remember these things literally for decades”
• You already have something in you that others will pay money to learn
• “It’s absolutely counterintuitive”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:51)
• An open mind state can unleash your creativity, expert says
• “Symbolically, we empty our mind, we get very quiet in order to become receptive”
• Carolina Billings used her crisis to form a new organization for women
• “My personal mission and vision is to increase women’s visibility and …
raditional approaches to getting the right people in the right jobs could be a mistake
• “You have to develop your capability as a leader”