• An open mind state can unleash your creativity, expert says
• “Symbolically, we empty our mind, we get very quiet in order to become receptive”
(Total Recorded Time is 29:30)
Stumped for ideas? Feeling your creativity has mysteriously drained away?
Take a walk. Let your mind ramble until the “magic” happens.
That “magic,” to simplify it, is when you have an open mind state where the download of core creativity can happen, says psychotherapist Ronald Alexander, PhD, who is also a mindfulness trainer and a creativity, business and leadership coach.
Mr. Alexander talks about ways to reach an open mind state in this edition of Bizgnus Interviews.
Please click here to watch the interview:
“Symbolically, we empty our mind, we get very quiet in order to become receptive,” Mr. Alexander says.
In writing his newest book, he interviewed artists, musicians, writers and others who need to tap their creativity for their work and found a common thread: walking.
“They take a daily walk,” he says. “And it’s usually a daily walk in salience.”
He has a private psychotherapy and executive coaching practice in Santa Monica, California, and is the executive director of the OpenMind Training Program that offers personal and professional training programs in mindfulness-based mind-body therapies, transformational leadership and meditation.
His newest book is “Core Creativity: The Mindful Way to Unlock Your Creative Self,” (Rowman & Littlefield, June 2022).
For more information:
• Recession – or worse – ahead, warns economist
• “There’s a good chance we’ll have a recession in 2023”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:02)
The nation’s economy, if not the world economy, is …
• Marine Corps veteran turned author says quantum mechanics points to an inner god
• “I’ve come around to this idea we all have a god inside us”
(TRT is 24:15)
David Richards went from a …
• He taps ancient wisdom
• “So I thought it was time to up end the way we are talking to each other”
(TRT is 20:56)
Elvir Causevic runs a boutique investment bank in San Francisco. But …
• Business coach says even grief can help rebuild success
• “I stumbled upon grief as many of us do”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:37)
Failure and grief can be turned into into personal, …
• David Bentall went through one and has learned
• “It was a very, very painful thing for our family”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:23)
Your children. …
• New writers find it takes more than a turn of phrase
• “It’s one thing that writers should learn early on”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:00)