• Too many in business are letting their creativity languish, expert says
• “Everything about creativity can be learned”
Despite all the talk about innovation, people in business are not taught how to think creatively. As a result, many careers stall and companies are grappling to compete and survive.
“Everything about creativity can be learned,” says creativity expert and business consultant Nir Bashan, author of the new book, “The Creator Mindset: 92 Tools to Unlock the Secrets to Innovation, Growth, and Sustainability (McGraw-Hill; August 2020).
Mr. Bashan has a new way of thinking that he says bridges the gap between the brain’s two hemispheres—the logic-driven left and the creative-inclined right to find innovative solutions to problems and achieve what he calls magnificent harmonious success.
“Analytical skills are important. But in isolation they are damaging,” he says. “As we begin to unite the analytical and the creative, we learn how to be a more effective leader and create an environment that is ripe for opportunity and growth.”
Nir Bashan talks about his research and some of his 92 ideas in this exclusive Bigngus podcast:
You can also watch the interview on the Bizgnus YouTube channel here: https://tinyurl.com/y2hg6vhf
Mr. Bashan is founder and CEO of The Creator Mindset LLC, based in Orlando, Florida. Through his workshops and consulting, he teaches business leaders how to harness the power of creativity to improve profitability, increase sales, and make work more meaningful. His clients include AT&T, Microsoft, Ace Hardware, NFL Network, EA Sports, and JetBlue.
For more information: https://www.nirbashan.com/the-creator-mindset
• And they are getting other firms to do it too
• Updating an old saying
Total Recorded Time is 20:07
There’s a saying used by many business …
• Ken Honda explains how angry money is holding you back
• “You can free yourself financially and also emotionally”
Total Recorded Time is 15:30
• Jo Deaton offers 5 ways to stay resilient during the pandemic
• She says none of this is normal
Total Recorded Time is 9:05
It's been more than a …
• UC Merced researchers say covering the state’s canal matrix with solar panels generates savings, helps clear the air
• “Without taking a bit of …
• Action plan is adopted with two-year deadline
• “We know the challenges are daunting”
Total recorded time is 13:40
With more than one out of every four homeless people in the nation …
• How a Central Valley firefighter is trying to stop the wildfire of suicides in the ranks
• Firefighter suicides surpass on-duty death
Total Recorded Time is 14:49
And if that sounds …