• Too many in business are letting their creativity languish, expert says
• “Everything about creativity can be learned”
Despite all the talk about innovation, people in business are not taught how to think creatively. As a result, many careers stall and companies are grappling to compete and survive.
“Everything about creativity can be learned,” says creativity expert and business consultant Nir Bashan, author of the new book, “The Creator Mindset: 92 Tools to Unlock the Secrets to Innovation, Growth, and Sustainability (McGraw-Hill; August 2020).
Mr. Bashan has a new way of thinking that he says bridges the gap between the brain’s two hemispheres—the logic-driven left and the creative-inclined right to find innovative solutions to problems and achieve what he calls magnificent harmonious success.
“Analytical skills are important. But in isolation they are damaging,” he says. “As we begin to unite the analytical and the creative, we learn how to be a more effective leader and create an environment that is ripe for opportunity and growth.”
Nir Bashan talks about his research and some of his 92 ideas in this exclusive Bigngus podcast:
You can also watch the interview on the Bizgnus YouTube channel here: https://tinyurl.com/y2hg6vhf
Mr. Bashan is founder and CEO of The Creator Mindset LLC, based in Orlando, Florida. Through his workshops and consulting, he teaches business leaders how to harness the power of creativity to improve profitability, increase sales, and make work more meaningful. His clients include AT&T, Microsoft, Ace Hardware, NFL Network, EA Sports, and JetBlue.
For more information: https://www.nirbashan.com/the-creator-mindset
• Recession – or worse – ahead, warns economist
• “There’s a good chance we’ll have a recession in 2023”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:02)
The nation’s economy, if not the world economy, is …
• Marine Corps veteran turned author says quantum mechanics points to an inner god
• “I’ve come around to this idea we all have a god inside us”
(TRT is 24:15)
David Richards went from a …
• He taps ancient wisdom
• “So I thought it was time to up end the way we are talking to each other”
(TRT is 20:56)
Elvir Causevic runs a boutique investment bank in San Francisco. But …
• Business coach says even grief can help rebuild success
• “I stumbled upon grief as many of us do”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:37)
Failure and grief can be turned into into personal, …
• David Bentall went through one and has learned
• “It was a very, very painful thing for our family”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:23)
Your children. …
• New writers find it takes more than a turn of phrase
• “It’s one thing that writers should learn early on”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:00)