• No, you’re not immune to bias
• “Work that really does have an impact is when you help people understand the way they’re making decisions”
Howard Ross, a lifelong social justice advocate, and author of the book, “Everyday Bias: Identifying and Navigating Unconscious Judgments in Our Daily Lives,” says the more we think we are immune to biases, the greater likelihood that our own are invisible to us.
“We tend to think that human beings are rational in our decision making,” Mr. Ross says. “But in fact we know now … that virtually every human decision starts with our emotion.”
He says unconscious bias is an area of study that is still developing. “What we’re finding is the kind of work that really does have an impact is when you help people understand the way they’re making decisions,” Mr. Ross says.
Howard Ross talks about unconscious bias in this exclusive Bizgnus Audio Interview Podcast… including why Subaru makes such effective TV commercials.
• Strengthening your organization for the post-COVID world
• This solution is so simple it will need brave leaders
(Total Recorded Time is 38:06)
• How a “mompreneuer” took an idea from her kitchen to a nationwide business
• “Don’t put walls up in front of yourselves that prevent you from …
• What leaders should do when an employee grieves
• “This is a very unspoken, unaddressed area of leadership”
(Total recorded time is 22:45)
• A sea change is underway in how companies operate that could lead to prosperity for some and failure for others
• “A movement that’s been …
• There finally is a better way to sell
• “Our mission is to prove that ‘selling’ isn’t a word to be ashamed of”
(Total recorded time is 32:15)
Challenges to the success of businesses do …
• Former restauranteur knows the real recipe for business success
• “A lesson that’s not just for business, but is actually a lesson for life”
Total Recorded Time is 23:55
Dan Sachs knows …