• Expert shows why workplace diversity efforts fall short
• “If you want to hire diverse people, let them be diverse”
(Total Recorded Time is 20:20)
Despite decades of effort, workplace diversity still seems almost ephemeral. Michelle Silverthorn, an organizational diversity expert, is on a mission to change that.
She says that no matter how much organizations say inclusion matters or diversity counts, leadership in America looks the same as it did a century ago. In the Fortune 500 companies that compile diversity numbers, less than 4 percent of their workforces are racially and ethnically diverse. Additionally, the 2020 Women in the Workplace study of 279 companies found thar white workers occupied 86 percent of C-suite positions.
But hiring a diverse workforce is not the ultimate goal.
“If you want to hire diverse people, let them be diverse,” says Ms. Silverthorn. “Let them use those differences to succeed because that’s why you hired them in the first place.”
Ms. Silverthorn offers ideas to make organizations truly diverse in this Bizgnus Podcast.
• He wrote 60 books while working fulltime as a newspaper editor
• Wes Boyd gave away his novels
• “I’d rather keep working and keep writing …
• Why your organization’s culture may need to be changed – now
• Expert shows why some companies are dragged down by their corporate culture
• Veteran leadership consu,tant boils success down to seven key gears
• “Seventy-five to ninety per-cent of organizations fall short of achieving …
• What happens post-COVID? Our podcast guest talks with 140 top executives
• “What we heard was a kind of shift to humility”
(Total Recorded Time is 10:30)
The COVID-18 pandemic has …
• Trying to publish that book? This podcast has insider info that you need to know
• “There are ways of making money. I don’t want to discourage anyone”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:20)
• Lost for decades, music recorded as WW 2 ended is found by a Central Valley teacher
• “This is the only recording of a frontline band unit made in the middle of WWII”
(Total Recorded …