• A sea change is underway in how companies operate that could lead to prosperity for some and failure for others
• “A movement that’s been happening under the surface”
(Total recorded time is 37:30)
It’s been flying under the radar for years but now it’s emerging as a different, perhaps more sustainable way of doing business.
Roy Whitten, an expert in attitude and its role in human performance, says it may result in one of the most transformative times in business history.
The “it” is social entrepreneurship, which includes the impact on society of the policies and actions of a business or organization.
“We’re just getting going,” Mr. Whitten says of the movement. He points to the decision in 2019 of the Business Roundtable’s CEO members to de-emphasize short term profits as goals for their companies, which are among the largest in the U.S.
“What they were struck down with and raised up by was a movement that’s been happening under the surface … called social entrepreneurship,” Mr. Whitten says.
In brief, he says, it’s “this whole notion of running business in a way that it can actually do good in the world.”
What about profits? What about the business owners? Is this just a new twist to do-goodism? Not so, says Mr. Whitten, who explains in this exclusive Bizgnus Podcast how businesses can profit and grow through social entrepreneurism.
• Strengthening your organization for the post-COVID world
• This solution is so simple it will need brave leaders
(Total Recorded Time is 38:06)
• How a “mompreneuer” took an idea from her kitchen to a nationwide business
• “Don’t put walls up in front of yourselves that prevent you from …
• What leaders should do when an employee grieves
• “This is a very unspoken, unaddressed area of leadership”
(Total recorded time is 22:45)
• There finally is a better way to sell
• “Our mission is to prove that ‘selling’ isn’t a word to be ashamed of”
(Total recorded time is 32:15)
Challenges to the success of businesses do …
• Former restauranteur knows the real recipe for business success
• “A lesson that’s not just for business, but is actually a lesson for life”
Total Recorded Time is 23:55
Dan Sachs knows …
• Too many in business are letting their creativity languish, expert says
• “Everything about creativity can be learned”
Despite all the talk about innovation, people in business are not …