• A sea change is underway in how companies operate that could lead to prosperity for some and failure for others
• “A movement that’s been happening under the surface”
(Total recorded time is 37:30)
It’s been flying under the radar for years but now it’s emerging as a different, perhaps more sustainable way of doing business.
Roy Whitten, an expert in attitude and its role in human performance, says it may result in one of the most transformative times in business history.
The “it” is social entrepreneurship, which includes the impact on society of the policies and actions of a business or organization.
“We’re just getting going,” Mr. Whitten says of the movement. He points to the decision in 2019 of the Business Roundtable’s CEO members to de-emphasize short term profits as goals for their companies, which are among the largest in the U.S.
“What they were struck down with and raised up by was a movement that’s been happening under the surface … called social entrepreneurship,” Mr. Whitten says.
In brief, he says, it’s “this whole notion of running business in a way that it can actually do good in the world.”
What about profits? What about the business owners? Is this just a new twist to do-goodism? Not so, says Mr. Whitten, who explains in this exclusive Bizgnus Podcast how businesses can profit and grow through social entrepreneurism.
• He wrote 60 books while working fulltime as a newspaper editor
• Wes Boyd gave away his novels
• “I’d rather keep working and keep writing …
• Why your organization’s culture may need to be changed – now
• Expert shows why some companies are dragged down by their corporate culture
• Veteran leadership consu,tant boils success down to seven key gears
• “Seventy-five to ninety per-cent of organizations fall short of achieving …
• What happens post-COVID? Our podcast guest talks with 140 top executives
• “What we heard was a kind of shift to humility”
(Total Recorded Time is 10:30)
The COVID-18 pandemic has …
• Expert shows why workplace diversity efforts fall short
• “If you want to hire diverse people, let them be diverse”
(Total Recorded Time is 20:20)
Despite decades of effort, workplace …
• Trying to publish that book? This podcast has insider info that you need to know
• “There are ways of making money. I don’t want to discourage anyone”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:20)