• A sea change is underway in how companies operate that could lead to prosperity for some and failure for others
• “A movement that’s been happening under the surface”
(Total recorded time is 37:30)
It’s been flying under the radar for years but now it’s emerging as a different, perhaps more sustainable way of doing business.
Roy Whitten, an expert in attitude and its role in human performance, says it may result in one of the most transformative times in business history.
The “it” is social entrepreneurship, which includes the impact on society of the policies and actions of a business or organization.
“We’re just getting going,” Mr. Whitten says of the movement. He points to the decision in 2019 of the Business Roundtable’s CEO members to de-emphasize short term profits as goals for their companies, which are among the largest in the U.S.
“What they were struck down with and raised up by was a movement that’s been happening under the surface … called social entrepreneurship,” Mr. Whitten says.
In brief, he says, it’s “this whole notion of running business in a way that it can actually do good in the world.”
What about profits? What about the business owners? Is this just a new twist to do-goodism? Not so, says Mr. Whitten, who explains in this exclusive Bizgnus Podcast how businesses can profit and grow through social entrepreneurism.
• What? You didn’t know? Why this is “The Era of Workplace Fun”
• Fun is serious business in recruiting – and retaining – the best
(Total Recorded Time is 42:43)
Repeat after me: “Work …
• Sales expert finds the 100 most critical sales skills
• “Six key themes emerged”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:48)
You might call him the “Readers Digest” for that aisle of books about …
• If you can’t or won’t sell, is business ownership for you?
• “One of the things I hope the book does is that it prevents people from making the big mistakes”
(Total Recorded Time is …
• Expert says it’s time to ditch the old way of selling – pitching, persuading and pressuring
• “Too often social entrepreneurs underestimate the …
• As nation emerges from COVID, leaders face new challenges to keep employees motivated
• “You’ve got to get in the game”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:05)
In addition to its tragic death …
• What leaders should prepare for
• “People are managing it very differently”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:41)
As the U.S. emerges from its worst …