• A sea change is underway in how companies operate that could lead to prosperity for some and failure for others
• “A movement that’s been happening under the surface”
(Total recorded time is 37:30)
It’s been flying under the radar for years but now it’s emerging as a different, perhaps more sustainable way of doing business.
Roy Whitten, an expert in attitude and its role in human performance, says it may result in one of the most transformative times in business history.
The “it” is social entrepreneurship, which includes the impact on society of the policies and actions of a business or organization.
“We’re just getting going,” Mr. Whitten says of the movement. He points to the decision in 2019 of the Business Roundtable’s CEO members to de-emphasize short term profits as goals for their companies, which are among the largest in the U.S.
“What they were struck down with and raised up by was a movement that’s been happening under the surface … called social entrepreneurship,” Mr. Whitten says.
In brief, he says, it’s “this whole notion of running business in a way that it can actually do good in the world.”
What about profits? What about the business owners? Is this just a new twist to do-goodism? Not so, says Mr. Whitten, who explains in this exclusive Bizgnus Podcast how businesses can profit and grow through social entrepreneurism.
• Vito Altavilla tells how he did it
• “It’s more like you’re a chronicler of an age
(Total Recorded Time is 13:12)
Lots of people think they’ve got a book inside of them but few do …
• Only pay and advancement tops clear communications
• “It’s all important that you know which words matter”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:39)
• Expert tells why customer onboarding is as important as the sale
• “Find out what your customers want and need”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:51)
For more than two decades, Donna Weber has …
• A quiet Charlotte family is thrust into Hollywood
• “Writing for me was something that I didn’t share with anybody”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:21)
• Transformation coach points to his own unusual experience
• “I have a mission on this Earth”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:04)
What he describes as a mystical experience has shaped the …
• It’s the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S.
• “When you bring up the word ‘suicide,’ people shut down”
(Total Recorded Time is 26:05)