• Veteran leadership consu,tant boils success down to seven key gears
• “Seventy-five to ninety per-cent of organizations fall short of achieving the results they expect from their strategies”
(Total Recorded Time is 21:00)
The world may finally be seeing a glimmer of light at the end of the very long COVID tunnel. But before emerging from that tunnel, many businesses might want to re-think their strategies.
Author and veteran business consultant Sean Ryan says it might be a good idea to burn those tedious strategies because not enough attention is being devoted to helping staff at every level to understand and implement the strategy.
“The core purpose of ‘strategy’ is to energize and align people in an organization to propel it forward and help it succeed.,” Mr. Ryan writes in his new book, “Get in Gear: The Seven Gears that Drive Strategy to Results,” (Routledge/Productivity Press, August 2020).
“A successful strategy should both guide and enable people to execute effectively at every level,” he continues. “Unfortunately, organizations far too often do a poor job of translating that energy into the results they want or expect. Seventy-five to ninety per-cent of organizations fall short of achieving the results they expect from their strategies.”
Sean Ryan talks about getting better outcomes and ways to improve leadership in this Bizgnus podcast.
• Visual marketing expert Amy Balliett on how to market to the Incredible Shrinking Attention Span
• What’s 60,000 times faster than the printed word?
(Total recorded time is 31:31)
• Why traditional authoritarian approaches no longer fit today’s leadership needs
• Revealed: The five “Cs” to success
Do nice guys really finish last? Not according to Ed Frauenheim in …
• Today’s marketers were already facing exponential challenges. Then came COVID
• The authority on being agile in marketing offers tips, examples and ideas
(Total Recorded Time is 23:48)
• He wrote 60 books while working fulltime as a newspaper editor
• Wes Boyd gave away his novels
• “I’d rather keep working and keep writing …
• Why your organization’s culture may need to be changed – now
• Expert shows why some companies are dragged down by their corporate culture
• What happens post-COVID? Our podcast guest talks with 140 top executives
• “What we heard was a kind of shift to humility”
(Total Recorded Time is 10:30)
The COVID-18 pandemic has …