• Veteran leadership consu,tant boils success down to seven key gears
• “Seventy-five to ninety per-cent of organizations fall short of achieving the results they expect from their strategies”
(Total Recorded Time is 21:00)
The world may finally be seeing a glimmer of light at the end of the very long COVID tunnel. But before emerging from that tunnel, many businesses might want to re-think their strategies.
Author and veteran business consultant Sean Ryan says it might be a good idea to burn those tedious strategies because not enough attention is being devoted to helping staff at every level to understand and implement the strategy.
“The core purpose of ‘strategy’ is to energize and align people in an organization to propel it forward and help it succeed.,” Mr. Ryan writes in his new book, “Get in Gear: The Seven Gears that Drive Strategy to Results,” (Routledge/Productivity Press, August 2020).
“A successful strategy should both guide and enable people to execute effectively at every level,” he continues. “Unfortunately, organizations far too often do a poor job of translating that energy into the results they want or expect. Seventy-five to ninety per-cent of organizations fall short of achieving the results they expect from their strategies.”
Sean Ryan talks about getting better outcomes and ways to improve leadership in this Bizgnus podcast.
• He wrote 60 books while working fulltime as a newspaper editor
• Wes Boyd gave away his novels
• “I’d rather keep working and keep writing …
• Why your organization’s culture may need to be changed – now
• Expert shows why some companies are dragged down by their corporate culture
• What happens post-COVID? Our podcast guest talks with 140 top executives
• “What we heard was a kind of shift to humility”
(Total Recorded Time is 10:30)
The COVID-18 pandemic has …
• Expert shows why workplace diversity efforts fall short
• “If you want to hire diverse people, let them be diverse”
(Total Recorded Time is 20:20)
Despite decades of effort, workplace …
• Trying to publish that book? This podcast has insider info that you need to know
• “There are ways of making money. I don’t want to discourage anyone”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:20)
• Lost for decades, music recorded as WW 2 ended is found by a Central Valley teacher
• “This is the only recording of a frontline band unit made in the middle of WWII”
(Total Recorded …