• Expert Jennifer Kahnweiler says it’s time organizations were introvert-friendly
• “You’ll get so much more out of your team if you play to their preferences”
(Total recorded time is 17:22)
Chances are, whether yours is a for-profit company or a non-profit, you are overlooking a lot of existing talent.
They are the introverts. And they are rising, albeit slowly.
It’s estimated that introverts represent nearly half of the U.S. workforce. Yet extroverts get the rewards.
Leaders need to recognize that when the needs of introverts are ignored, they become disengaged or jump ship to new organizations, taking their talent and contributions with them, says Jennifer Kahnweiler, who received her doctorate from Florida State University and who has spent more than a decade studying and writing about introverts, including four books on the subject.
“Particularly now, it’s really important to spend that extra time to get to know our people, not just in terms of the skills they bring to the table and their experience, but just as important … how do they communicate best,” says Ms. Kahnweiler.
“You’ll get so much more out of your team if you play to their preferences,” she says.
Jennifer Kahnweiler outlines the problem of overlooking the talents of introverts and what leaders can do about it in this exclusive Bizgnus Podcast.
• Mark Willis says people should bank on themselves
• “When do we ever stop to think about our wants and needs are for ourselves?”
Author and …
• New techniques can be applied at home and work
• “We’d like to think we’re good listeners, but….”
(Total Recorded Time is 6:16)
If you’re trying to communicate better at work, perhaps …
• What Hemmingway can teach beginning authors
• “If you want to be a professional, you’ve got to treat it like a job”
(Total Recorded Time is 27:24)
So you think you can write a book? If …
• New brain patterns can help shed limiting beliefs
• “Everything is based around energy. Everything”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:15)
We’ve heard about IQ. And EQ. Now, says veteran …
• Cult victim grows into a meditation teacher and yoga guru
• MahanKirn Khalsa talks about her life
From poverty and degradation to worldwide …
• Survivor of war-torn Berlin recounts life’s lessons
• An ironic twist to Hitler’s car
For many younger people, the horrors of World War Two are something read about in a history book. …