• Expert Jennifer Kahnweiler says it’s time organizations were introvert-friendly
• “You’ll get so much more out of your team if you play to their preferences”
(Total recorded time is 17:22)
Chances are, whether yours is a for-profit company or a non-profit, you are overlooking a lot of existing talent.
They are the introverts. And they are rising, albeit slowly.
It’s estimated that introverts represent nearly half of the U.S. workforce. Yet extroverts get the rewards.
Leaders need to recognize that when the needs of introverts are ignored, they become disengaged or jump ship to new organizations, taking their talent and contributions with them, says Jennifer Kahnweiler, who received her doctorate from Florida State University and who has spent more than a decade studying and writing about introverts, including four books on the subject.
“Particularly now, it’s really important to spend that extra time to get to know our people, not just in terms of the skills they bring to the table and their experience, but just as important … how do they communicate best,” says Ms. Kahnweiler.
“You’ll get so much more out of your team if you play to their preferences,” she says.
Jennifer Kahnweiler outlines the problem of overlooking the talents of introverts and what leaders can do about it in this exclusive Bizgnus Podcast.
• Recession – or worse – ahead, warns economist
• “There’s a good chance we’ll have a recession in 2023”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:02)
The nation’s economy, if not the world economy, is …
• Marine Corps veteran turned author says quantum mechanics points to an inner god
• “I’ve come around to this idea we all have a god inside us”
(TRT is 24:15)
David Richards went from a …
• He taps ancient wisdom
• “So I thought it was time to up end the way we are talking to each other”
(TRT is 20:56)
Elvir Causevic runs a boutique investment bank in San Francisco. But …
• Business coach says even grief can help rebuild success
• “I stumbled upon grief as many of us do”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:37)
Failure and grief can be turned into into personal, …
• David Bentall went through one and has learned
• “It was a very, very painful thing for our family”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:23)
Your children. …
• New writers find it takes more than a turn of phrase
• “It’s one thing that writers should learn early on”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:00)