• Expert Jennifer Kahnweiler says it’s time organizations were introvert-friendly
• “You’ll get so much more out of your team if you play to their preferences”
(Total recorded time is 17:22)
Chances are, whether yours is a for-profit company or a non-profit, you are overlooking a lot of existing talent.
They are the introverts. And they are rising, albeit slowly.
It’s estimated that introverts represent nearly half of the U.S. workforce. Yet extroverts get the rewards.
Leaders need to recognize that when the needs of introverts are ignored, they become disengaged or jump ship to new organizations, taking their talent and contributions with them, says Jennifer Kahnweiler, who received her doctorate from Florida State University and who has spent more than a decade studying and writing about introverts, including four books on the subject.
“Particularly now, it’s really important to spend that extra time to get to know our people, not just in terms of the skills they bring to the table and their experience, but just as important … how do they communicate best,” says Ms. Kahnweiler.
“You’ll get so much more out of your team if you play to their preferences,” she says.
Jennifer Kahnweiler outlines the problem of overlooking the talents of introverts and what leaders can do about it in this exclusive Bizgnus Podcast.
• What? You didn’t know? Why this is “The Era of Workplace Fun”
• Fun is serious business in recruiting – and retaining – the best
(Total Recorded Time is 42:43)
Repeat after me: “Work …
• Sales expert finds the 100 most critical sales skills
• “Six key themes emerged”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:48)
You might call him the “Readers Digest” for that aisle of books about …
• If you can’t or won’t sell, is business ownership for you?
• “One of the things I hope the book does is that it prevents people from making the big mistakes”
(Total Recorded Time is …
• Expert says it’s time to ditch the old way of selling – pitching, persuading and pressuring
• “Too often social entrepreneurs underestimate the …
• As nation emerges from COVID, leaders face new challenges to keep employees motivated
• “You’ve got to get in the game”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:05)
In addition to its tragic death …
• What leaders should prepare for
• “People are managing it very differently”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:41)
As the U.S. emerges from its worst …