• Success as an author often starts after the book is written
• “You have the ability to control and adjust and tweak”
When Shakespeare put down his quill after writing his first play, his work was only starting: He had to market “Henry VI.”
It’s no different for authors 500 years later. The writing of the book or the play is just the start. Then the author has to market his or her work.
Publishers do that for their big name authors. And writers who also would rather write a check can hire excellent publicists.
But for the new writer trying to get readers – and sell some of the books -- the real DIY work comes after the book is published.
Central Valley rancher and former broadcaster Brent Gill has added book author to his resume, having written two books aimed at the pre-teen market, “Fire on Black Mountain” and its sequel, “Snow on Black Mountain.”
He joins us today in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast to talk about his “itch” to start writing and, just as importantly, the marketing of that writing.
• Why managers need to recognize brain sex
• The “4 C’s” a manager can implement today
• “You can’t ignore gender”
(Total recorded time is 14:41)
In these days of pandemic, every business …
• Music from the heart and heat of World War Two is is being remastered for a 21st Century audience
• “I discovered them while going through his attic”
(Total recorded time is 11:32)
• What leaders can learn from top adventurers
• “The end result if you can work through that conflict and communicate effectively is you get better …
• Management consultant say now is the time for companies to be intensely training the next generation of leaders
• “How do I quickly and …
• Even when working from home, you can strive for a balance between work and life, Fresno State expert says
• “We do better when we’re rested and when we have time away from work”
• Commercial real estate disruptor calls for nore “conscious capitalism”
• “You can create extraordinary success by helping others succeed”
Jonathan Keyser, founder and CEO of the Phoenix, …