• Success as an author often starts after the book is written
• “You have the ability to control and adjust and tweak”
When Shakespeare put down his quill after writing his first play, his work was only starting: He had to market “Henry VI.”
It’s no different for authors 500 years later. The writing of the book or the play is just the start. Then the author has to market his or her work.
Publishers do that for their big name authors. And writers who also would rather write a check can hire excellent publicists.
But for the new writer trying to get readers – and sell some of the books -- the real DIY work comes after the book is published.
Central Valley rancher and former broadcaster Brent Gill has added book author to his resume, having written two books aimed at the pre-teen market, “Fire on Black Mountain” and its sequel, “Snow on Black Mountain.”
He joins us today in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast to talk about his “itch” to start writing and, just as importantly, the marketing of that writing.
• Former restauranteur knows the real recipe for business success
• “A lesson that’s not just for business, but is actually a lesson for life”
Total Recorded Time is 23:55
Dan Sachs knows …
• Too many in business are letting their creativity languish, expert says
• “Everything about creativity can be learned”
Despite all the talk about innovation, people in business are not …
• Public pension plans are just murder for insider Josiah Vencel
• “It’s nonfiction wrapped in fiction”
There are only a few ways to keep a public pension fund financially viable: …
• No, you’re not immune to bias
• “Work that really does have an impact is when you help people understand the way they’re making decisions”
Howard Ross, a lifelong social justice …
• Expert Jennifer Kahnweiler says it’s time organizations were introvert-friendly
• “You’ll get so much more out of your team if you play to their preferences”
(Total recorded time is …
• How to spot the hidden technology reefs that could shipwreck your small business
• “You can be leveraging technology in the same way that a …