• In recovering from the COVID Recession, expert says genuine compassion should be part of the recovery
• “The kind of situation we’re in now creates enormous stress”
(Total Recorded Time is 21:46)
The current work-from-home requirements brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic have led to radically different ways of operating for most organizations. And that calls for leaders who can address the emotional toll that the isolation is taking on their employees’ physical, mental and financial well-being, says Howard Ross, a lifelong social justice advocate and a principle in Bethesda, Maryland-based Udarta Consulting. Mr. Ross is considered one of the world’s thought leaders on identifying and addressing unconscious bias.
“People see diversity as this sort of ancillary thing that we do when we have the time for it, but if you look that impact of COVID on especially the African-American community and Native American community, we that this COVID experience is bringing to light some of the issues of systemic racism in our culture,” Mr. Ross says.
“If anything, more than ever we need to incorporate these conversations into the things we are doing as we try to create a sense of belonging at a time of separation,” he says.
Even as economic pressures may be forcing leaders to consider cutting payroll, Mr. Ross says companies need leaders who show genuine compassion to create a sort of “we’re in this together” sense.
“The kind of situation we’re in now creates enormous stress,” he says. “Any sense of difference we have gets multiplied.”
Howard Ross, who has spent more than 30 years helping managers become leaders in their organizations offers specific ideas on how companies can create a better sense of teamwork in the times of CVID in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast. Please click here to listen or to download the audio file:
• The epiphany for a veteran salesman
• “Ethical behavior creates dedicated employees and loyal customers”
After years of selling – used cars, lighting supplies, whatever—Joel Malkoff …
• Visual marketing expert Amy Balliett on how to market to the Incredible Shrinking Attention Span
• What’s 60,000 times faster than the printed word?
(Total recorded time is 31:31)
• Why traditional authoritarian approaches no longer fit today’s leadership needs
• Revealed: The five “Cs” to success
Do nice guys really finish last? Not according to Ed Frauenheim in …
• Today’s marketers were already facing exponential challenges. Then came COVID
• The authority on being agile in marketing offers tips, examples and ideas
(Total Recorded Time is 23:48)
• He wrote 60 books while working fulltime as a newspaper editor
• Wes Boyd gave away his novels
• “I’d rather keep working and keep writing …
• Why your organization’s culture may need to be changed – now
• Expert shows why some companies are dragged down by their corporate culture