• In recovering from the COVID Recession, expert says genuine compassion should be part of the recovery
• “The kind of situation we’re in now creates enormous stress”
(Total Recorded Time is 21:46)
The current work-from-home requirements brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic have led to radically different ways of operating for most organizations. And that calls for leaders who can address the emotional toll that the isolation is taking on their employees’ physical, mental and financial well-being, says Howard Ross, a lifelong social justice advocate and a principle in Bethesda, Maryland-based Udarta Consulting. Mr. Ross is considered one of the world’s thought leaders on identifying and addressing unconscious bias.
“People see diversity as this sort of ancillary thing that we do when we have the time for it, but if you look that impact of COVID on especially the African-American community and Native American community, we that this COVID experience is bringing to light some of the issues of systemic racism in our culture,” Mr. Ross says.
“If anything, more than ever we need to incorporate these conversations into the things we are doing as we try to create a sense of belonging at a time of separation,” he says.
Even as economic pressures may be forcing leaders to consider cutting payroll, Mr. Ross says companies need leaders who show genuine compassion to create a sort of “we’re in this together” sense.
“The kind of situation we’re in now creates enormous stress,” he says. “Any sense of difference we have gets multiplied.”
Howard Ross, who has spent more than 30 years helping managers become leaders in their organizations offers specific ideas on how companies can create a better sense of teamwork in the times of CVID in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast. Please click here to listen or to download the audio file:
• Vito Altavilla tells how he did it
• “It’s more like you’re a chronicler of an age
(Total Recorded Time is 13:12)
Lots of people think they’ve got a book inside of them but few do …
• Only pay and advancement tops clear communications
• “It’s all important that you know which words matter”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:39)
• Expert tells why customer onboarding is as important as the sale
• “Find out what your customers want and need”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:51)
For more than two decades, Donna Weber has …
• A quiet Charlotte family is thrust into Hollywood
• “Writing for me was something that I didn’t share with anybody”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:21)
• Transformation coach points to his own unusual experience
• “I have a mission on this Earth”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:04)
What he describes as a mystical experience has shaped the …
• It’s the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S.
• “When you bring up the word ‘suicide,’ people shut down”
(Total Recorded Time is 26:05)