• In recovering from the COVID Recession, expert says genuine compassion should be part of the recovery
• “The kind of situation we’re in now creates enormous stress”
(Total Recorded Time is 21:46)
The current work-from-home requirements brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic have led to radically different ways of operating for most organizations. And that calls for leaders who can address the emotional toll that the isolation is taking on their employees’ physical, mental and financial well-being, says Howard Ross, a lifelong social justice advocate and a principle in Bethesda, Maryland-based Udarta Consulting. Mr. Ross is considered one of the world’s thought leaders on identifying and addressing unconscious bias.
“People see diversity as this sort of ancillary thing that we do when we have the time for it, but if you look that impact of COVID on especially the African-American community and Native American community, we that this COVID experience is bringing to light some of the issues of systemic racism in our culture,” Mr. Ross says.
“If anything, more than ever we need to incorporate these conversations into the things we are doing as we try to create a sense of belonging at a time of separation,” he says.
Even as economic pressures may be forcing leaders to consider cutting payroll, Mr. Ross says companies need leaders who show genuine compassion to create a sort of “we’re in this together” sense.
“The kind of situation we’re in now creates enormous stress,” he says. “Any sense of difference we have gets multiplied.”
Howard Ross, who has spent more than 30 years helping managers become leaders in their organizations offers specific ideas on how companies can create a better sense of teamwork in the times of CVID in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast. Please click here to listen or to download the audio file:
• What? You didn’t know? Why this is “The Era of Workplace Fun”
• Fun is serious business in recruiting – and retaining – the best
(Total Recorded Time is 42:43)
Repeat after me: “Work …
• Sales expert finds the 100 most critical sales skills
• “Six key themes emerged”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:48)
You might call him the “Readers Digest” for that aisle of books about …
• If you can’t or won’t sell, is business ownership for you?
• “One of the things I hope the book does is that it prevents people from making the big mistakes”
(Total Recorded Time is …
• Expert says it’s time to ditch the old way of selling – pitching, persuading and pressuring
• “Too often social entrepreneurs underestimate the …
• As nation emerges from COVID, leaders face new challenges to keep employees motivated
• “You’ve got to get in the game”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:05)
In addition to its tragic death …
• What leaders should prepare for
• “People are managing it very differently”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:41)
As the U.S. emerges from its worst …