• Music from the heart and heat of World War Two is is being remastered for a 21st Century audience
• “I discovered them while going through his attic”
(Total recorded time is 11:32)
Jason Burt is bringing to today’s audiences music recorded in the fire of the Pacific war of World War Two.
Mr. Burt, who spent much of his youth in the California Delta, is the history teacher at Clarksburg Middle School.
And he is the person who discovered long-forgotten recordings of an Army Air Force HQ band stationed in the Philippines in which his grandfather, a Julliard trained trumpet player and music teacher, was the lead trumpet player.
“Before the war ended, this 20-piece orchestra recorded themselves playing 10 chart topping big band songs of the time period,” Mr. Burt says.
But those recordings were forgotten as the war ended and the band members – all amateurs – went their separate ways.
Now Mr. Burt is bringing them back together, musically.
He talks about his unusual project in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast via Zoom.
• Why are COVID rates so high in the Central Valley?
• UC Merced professor has an unsettling answer
A new study from the University of California, Merced, finds a link between low-wage …
• Renowned psychology professor reveals research that could boost your team’s productivity and reduce stress
• “Just looking at the blue color for …
• Are “microagressions” poisoning your relationships?
• “Microaggressions, typically, are neither micro nor aggressive”
Total recorded time is 15:55
Every day, people exclude and …
• Using quantum mechanics in everyday life
• “You create the outcome of your life from within you and your own power”
Total recorded time is 24:57
The writer Agatha Christie had her …
• Why the jobless numbers are not going down
• “Despite a couple positive signals that we’ve seen, there’s some real worry”
Total Recorded Time is 7:49
The Department of Labor said last …
• New president of University of the Pacific offers vision for the future of the university
• “I’m so inspired by our young people today”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:27)
The tri-campus …