• Entrepreneur says for success, businesses should integrate their information technology strategy with their business strategy
• “Your IT strategy is your business strategy”
Total recorded time (TRT) 16:51
Subscribe to the CVBT Executive Newsletter here:
Most business owners know their business strategy. And they may suspect that those “IT guys” know the information technology strategy.
But long-time IT expert John Farhat says a company’s IT strategy ought not be separate.
“Your IT strategy is your business strategy,” says Mr, Farhat, founder of Farhat Services Company Inc., of Columbus, Ohio.
With decades of experience behind him, Mr. Farhat advises clients on how to integrate IT into the fabric of a company, including being prepared for cyber criminals.
“Anything online could potentially be compromised,” he warns. “What I see quite a bit is security companies coming in and doing threat penetration testing. That’s great. Absolutely necessary. But that does not protect from all vulnerabilities.”
Aand this is where integration of IT into the fabric of a company’s business strategy is important, he says. In the case of a data breach, recovery will require more than just plugging the data leak. It will often require the work of marketing, legal, public relations and more,” Mr. Farhat says.
“It’s not like we’re running two steps ahead of the bad guys. On a good day we’re running half a step behind them” he says.
John Farhat expands on his ideas in today’s CVBT Audio Interview Podcast.
• Recession – or worse – ahead, warns economist
• “There’s a good chance we’ll have a recession in 2023”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:02)
The nation’s economy, if not the world economy, is …
• Marine Corps veteran turned author says quantum mechanics points to an inner god
• “I’ve come around to this idea we all have a god inside us”
(TRT is 24:15)
David Richards went from a …
• He taps ancient wisdom
• “So I thought it was time to up end the way we are talking to each other”
(TRT is 20:56)
Elvir Causevic runs a boutique investment bank in San Francisco. But …
• Business coach says even grief can help rebuild success
• “I stumbled upon grief as many of us do”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:37)
Failure and grief can be turned into into personal, …
• David Bentall went through one and has learned
• “It was a very, very painful thing for our family”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:23)
Your children. …
• New writers find it takes more than a turn of phrase
• “It’s one thing that writers should learn early on”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:00)