• Entrepreneur says for success, businesses should integrate their information technology strategy with their business strategy
• “Your IT strategy is your business strategy”
Total recorded time (TRT) 16:51
Subscribe to the CVBT Executive Newsletter here:
Most business owners know their business strategy. And they may suspect that those “IT guys” know the information technology strategy.
But long-time IT expert John Farhat says a company’s IT strategy ought not be separate.
“Your IT strategy is your business strategy,” says Mr, Farhat, founder of Farhat Services Company Inc., of Columbus, Ohio.
With decades of experience behind him, Mr. Farhat advises clients on how to integrate IT into the fabric of a company, including being prepared for cyber criminals.
“Anything online could potentially be compromised,” he warns. “What I see quite a bit is security companies coming in and doing threat penetration testing. That’s great. Absolutely necessary. But that does not protect from all vulnerabilities.”
Aand this is where integration of IT into the fabric of a company’s business strategy is important, he says. In the case of a data breach, recovery will require more than just plugging the data leak. It will often require the work of marketing, legal, public relations and more,” Mr. Farhat says.
“It’s not like we’re running two steps ahead of the bad guys. On a good day we’re running half a step behind them” he says.
John Farhat expands on his ideas in today’s CVBT Audio Interview Podcast.
• Why are COVID rates so high in the Central Valley?
• UC Merced professor has an unsettling answer
A new study from the University of California, Merced, finds a link between low-wage …
• Renowned psychology professor reveals research that could boost your team’s productivity and reduce stress
• “Just looking at the blue color for …
• Are “microagressions” poisoning your relationships?
• “Microaggressions, typically, are neither micro nor aggressive”
Total recorded time is 15:55
Every day, people exclude and …
• Using quantum mechanics in everyday life
• “You create the outcome of your life from within you and your own power”
Total recorded time is 24:57
The writer Agatha Christie had her …
• Why the jobless numbers are not going down
• “Despite a couple positive signals that we’ve seen, there’s some real worry”
Total Recorded Time is 7:49
The Department of Labor said last …
• New president of University of the Pacific offers vision for the future of the university
• “I’m so inspired by our young people today”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:27)
The tri-campus …