• Entrepreneur says for success, businesses should integrate their information technology strategy with their business strategy
• “Your IT strategy is your business strategy”
Total recorded time (TRT) 16:51
Subscribe to the CVBT Executive Newsletter here:
Most business owners know their business strategy. And they may suspect that those “IT guys” know the information technology strategy.
But long-time IT expert John Farhat says a company’s IT strategy ought not be separate.
“Your IT strategy is your business strategy,” says Mr, Farhat, founder of Farhat Services Company Inc., of Columbus, Ohio.
With decades of experience behind him, Mr. Farhat advises clients on how to integrate IT into the fabric of a company, including being prepared for cyber criminals.
“Anything online could potentially be compromised,” he warns. “What I see quite a bit is security companies coming in and doing threat penetration testing. That’s great. Absolutely necessary. But that does not protect from all vulnerabilities.”
Aand this is where integration of IT into the fabric of a company’s business strategy is important, he says. In the case of a data breach, recovery will require more than just plugging the data leak. It will often require the work of marketing, legal, public relations and more,” Mr. Farhat says.
“It’s not like we’re running two steps ahead of the bad guys. On a good day we’re running half a step behind them” he says.
John Farhat expands on his ideas in today’s CVBT Audio Interview Podcast.
• The epiphany for a veteran salesman
• “Ethical behavior creates dedicated employees and loyal customers”
After years of selling – used cars, lighting supplies, whatever—Joel Malkoff …
• Visual marketing expert Amy Balliett on how to market to the Incredible Shrinking Attention Span
• What’s 60,000 times faster than the printed word?
(Total recorded time is 31:31)
• Why traditional authoritarian approaches no longer fit today’s leadership needs
• Revealed: The five “Cs” to success
Do nice guys really finish last? Not according to Ed Frauenheim in …
• Today’s marketers were already facing exponential challenges. Then came COVID
• The authority on being agile in marketing offers tips, examples and ideas
(Total Recorded Time is 23:48)
• He wrote 60 books while working fulltime as a newspaper editor
• Wes Boyd gave away his novels
• “I’d rather keep working and keep writing …
• Why your organization’s culture may need to be changed – now
• Expert shows why some companies are dragged down by their corporate culture