• With a dash of magic, he has motivated thousands
• “I was a very shy kid”
Subscribe to our daily CVBT Executive Nesletter by email here:
In talking with Jon Petz, you would not imagine him as an introverted person. After all, he is a frequent guest on podcasts, radio and television and stands in front of thousands as a motivational and keynote speaker.
But it didn’t start that way.
“I was a very shy kid … and I started learning to do magic. I think that’s what a lot of shy kids do – we don’t know how to talk to people,” Mr. Petz says.
He says the hobby helped him break his shyness even to the point where he traveled the world for years as a combination comedian and magician.
There’s nothing like comedy to help survive in the corporate world. “I started using those tricks and those elements as icebreakers and ways to open doors in the sales world,” he says, explaining how he moved into C-suite sales for a lengthy career.
Now, after 16 years as motivational keynote speaker on performance and the power of human connections, the COVID-19 pandemic is forcing him to rethink his business.
• Chaotic times require adaptive leadership, he says
• “It’s very easy to get into a conversation about history”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:30)
In these chaotic and incredibly uncertain …
• In recovering from the COVID Recession, expert says genuine compassion should be part of the recovery
• “The kind of situation we’re in now creates …
• Lathrop CPA explains why it’s not too late to apply for federal help for a small business
• “There’s still some money out there”
It’s not too late for small business owners to apply for …
• Why Ken Wentworth calls himself a “fractional CEO”
• “It’s hard to have that strategic vision when you’re always ‘putting out fires’”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:20)
Recorded March 10, …
• Why leaders need to rethink their business models
• “You’ve got to ask your stakeholders what’s important to them”
Before the coronavirus took the …
• How businesses are pivoting to get ready for a post-COVID world
• “What do you manage to? That’s the hardest determination at this point”
(Total Recorded Time 11:38)
Subscribe to the CVBT …