• With a dash of magic, he has motivated thousands
• “I was a very shy kid”
Subscribe to our daily CVBT Executive Nesletter by email here:
In talking with Jon Petz, you would not imagine him as an introverted person. After all, he is a frequent guest on podcasts, radio and television and stands in front of thousands as a motivational and keynote speaker.
But it didn’t start that way.
“I was a very shy kid … and I started learning to do magic. I think that’s what a lot of shy kids do – we don’t know how to talk to people,” Mr. Petz says.
He says the hobby helped him break his shyness even to the point where he traveled the world for years as a combination comedian and magician.
There’s nothing like comedy to help survive in the corporate world. “I started using those tricks and those elements as icebreakers and ways to open doors in the sales world,” he says, explaining how he moved into C-suite sales for a lengthy career.
Now, after 16 years as motivational keynote speaker on performance and the power of human connections, the COVID-19 pandemic is forcing him to rethink his business.
• Why are COVID rates so high in the Central Valley?
• UC Merced professor has an unsettling answer
A new study from the University of California, Merced, finds a link between low-wage …
• Renowned psychology professor reveals research that could boost your team’s productivity and reduce stress
• “Just looking at the blue color for …
• Are “microagressions” poisoning your relationships?
• “Microaggressions, typically, are neither micro nor aggressive”
Total recorded time is 15:55
Every day, people exclude and …
• Using quantum mechanics in everyday life
• “You create the outcome of your life from within you and your own power”
Total recorded time is 24:57
The writer Agatha Christie had her …
• Why the jobless numbers are not going down
• “Despite a couple positive signals that we’ve seen, there’s some real worry”
Total Recorded Time is 7:49
The Department of Labor said last …
• New president of University of the Pacific offers vision for the future of the university
• “I’m so inspired by our young people today”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:27)
The tri-campus …