• With a dash of magic, he has motivated thousands
• “I was a very shy kid”
Subscribe to our daily CVBT Executive Nesletter by email here:
In talking with Jon Petz, you would not imagine him as an introverted person. After all, he is a frequent guest on podcasts, radio and television and stands in front of thousands as a motivational and keynote speaker.
But it didn’t start that way.
“I was a very shy kid … and I started learning to do magic. I think that’s what a lot of shy kids do – we don’t know how to talk to people,” Mr. Petz says.
He says the hobby helped him break his shyness even to the point where he traveled the world for years as a combination comedian and magician.
There’s nothing like comedy to help survive in the corporate world. “I started using those tricks and those elements as icebreakers and ways to open doors in the sales world,” he says, explaining how he moved into C-suite sales for a lengthy career.
Now, after 16 years as motivational keynote speaker on performance and the power of human connections, the COVID-19 pandemic is forcing him to rethink his business.
• Strengthening your organization for the post-COVID world
• This solution is so simple it will need brave leaders
(Total Recorded Time is 38:06)
• How a “mompreneuer” took an idea from her kitchen to a nationwide business
• “Don’t put walls up in front of yourselves that prevent you from …
• What leaders should do when an employee grieves
• “This is a very unspoken, unaddressed area of leadership”
(Total recorded time is 22:45)
• A sea change is underway in how companies operate that could lead to prosperity for some and failure for others
• “A movement that’s been …
• There finally is a better way to sell
• “Our mission is to prove that ‘selling’ isn’t a word to be ashamed of”
(Total recorded time is 32:15)
Challenges to the success of businesses do …
• Former restauranteur knows the real recipe for business success
• “A lesson that’s not just for business, but is actually a lesson for life”
Total Recorded Time is 23:55
Dan Sachs knows …