• Northeastern University executive professor says she has a better way to get a new job
• She calls it “boutique employability”
Suddenly, finding a new job is much harder, thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic and the economy’s overnight plunge into recession.
But Northeastern University executive professor Julia Ivy says she has an original approach for impressing a potential employer.
By defining their space in a company that fits their multidimensional profiles and showing a targeted employer their “boutique employability,” job candidates position themselves as more than just another applicant, Ms. Ivy says.
She defines her term of “boutique employability” as the idea of taking initiative over shaping one’s space in an industry, identifying companies that fit this space, and then using consulting cases as a vehicle that allows the candidate to connect with a company at a personal and professional level.
“It works every single time,” Ms. Ivy says.
Julia Ivy talks about the technique in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast:
• Why are COVID rates so high in the Central Valley?
• UC Merced professor has an unsettling answer
A new study from the University of California, Merced, finds a link between low-wage …
• Renowned psychology professor reveals research that could boost your team’s productivity and reduce stress
• “Just looking at the blue color for …
• Are “microagressions” poisoning your relationships?
• “Microaggressions, typically, are neither micro nor aggressive”
Total recorded time is 15:55
Every day, people exclude and …
• Using quantum mechanics in everyday life
• “You create the outcome of your life from within you and your own power”
Total recorded time is 24:57
The writer Agatha Christie had her …
• Why the jobless numbers are not going down
• “Despite a couple positive signals that we’ve seen, there’s some real worry”
Total Recorded Time is 7:49
The Department of Labor said last …
• New president of University of the Pacific offers vision for the future of the university
• “I’m so inspired by our young people today”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:27)
The tri-campus …