• Fourth-generation entrepreneur offers marketing tips for small business and insight on how COVID-19 will change marketing
• “If you’re going to own a business, especially today, you’ve got to be a marketing superhero”
TRT (Total Recorded Time) is 18:42
Subscribe to the CVBT Executive Newsletter here: https://tinyurl.com/syqft9z
After a quarter century of running her own business, fourth-generation entrepreneur Karen Sullivan has seen marketing evolve through one phase after another. From that, she says, it’s the tried and true that still works in the 21st Century.
Times have changed. Techniques have changed. Media have waxed and waned. But one thing remains true about marketing: It has to help sell something.
“You’ve got to make somebody want it and you’ve got to get them in the door,” she says. “Once you get them in the door, it becomes sales.”
Ms. Sullivan says she has developed a concept of marketing superhero personas that explore the pros and the cons of owners who try to do it all. “We feel that if you’re going to own a business, especially today, you’ve got to be a marketing superhero,” she says.
Karen Sullivan talks about marketing, the superheroes she sees and the “kryptonite” that weakens so many in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast. Please click here to listen:
“I have always done marketing,” says Ms. Sullivan, who grew up in a family-owned business. “Literally started out in grade school.”
Sullivan Solutions works exclusively with privately held small and medium businesses. “The same principles apply regardless of the audience you’re going for. You’ve got to know who you’re selling to, know what the benefits are to them so that you could speak directly into that,” she says.
For more information:
• Why are COVID rates so high in the Central Valley?
• UC Merced professor has an unsettling answer
A new study from the University of California, Merced, finds a link between low-wage …
• Renowned psychology professor reveals research that could boost your team’s productivity and reduce stress
• “Just looking at the blue color for …
• Are “microagressions” poisoning your relationships?
• “Microaggressions, typically, are neither micro nor aggressive”
Total recorded time is 15:55
Every day, people exclude and …
• Using quantum mechanics in everyday life
• “You create the outcome of your life from within you and your own power”
Total recorded time is 24:57
The writer Agatha Christie had her …
• Why the jobless numbers are not going down
• “Despite a couple positive signals that we’ve seen, there’s some real worry”
Total Recorded Time is 7:49
The Department of Labor said last …
• New president of University of the Pacific offers vision for the future of the university
• “I’m so inspired by our young people today”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:27)
The tri-campus …