• Fourth-generation entrepreneur offers marketing tips for small business and insight on how COVID-19 will change marketing
• “If you’re going to own a business, especially today, you’ve got to be a marketing superhero”
TRT (Total Recorded Time) is 18:42
Subscribe to the CVBT Executive Newsletter here: https://tinyurl.com/syqft9z
After a quarter century of running her own business, fourth-generation entrepreneur Karen Sullivan has seen marketing evolve through one phase after another. From that, she says, it’s the tried and true that still works in the 21st Century.
Times have changed. Techniques have changed. Media have waxed and waned. But one thing remains true about marketing: It has to help sell something.
“You’ve got to make somebody want it and you’ve got to get them in the door,” she says. “Once you get them in the door, it becomes sales.”
Ms. Sullivan says she has developed a concept of marketing superhero personas that explore the pros and the cons of owners who try to do it all. “We feel that if you’re going to own a business, especially today, you’ve got to be a marketing superhero,” she says.
Karen Sullivan talks about marketing, the superheroes she sees and the “kryptonite” that weakens so many in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast. Please click here to listen:
“I have always done marketing,” says Ms. Sullivan, who grew up in a family-owned business. “Literally started out in grade school.”
Sullivan Solutions works exclusively with privately held small and medium businesses. “The same principles apply regardless of the audience you’re going for. You’ve got to know who you’re selling to, know what the benefits are to them so that you could speak directly into that,” she says.
For more information:
• Chaotic times require adaptive leadership, he says
• “It’s very easy to get into a conversation about history”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:30)
In these chaotic and incredibly uncertain …
• In recovering from the COVID Recession, expert says genuine compassion should be part of the recovery
• “The kind of situation we’re in now creates …
• Lathrop CPA explains why it’s not too late to apply for federal help for a small business
• “There’s still some money out there”
It’s not too late for small business owners to apply for …
• Why Ken Wentworth calls himself a “fractional CEO”
• “It’s hard to have that strategic vision when you’re always ‘putting out fires’”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:20)
Recorded March 10, …
• Why leaders need to rethink their business models
• “You’ve got to ask your stakeholders what’s important to them”
Before the coronavirus took the …
• How businesses are pivoting to get ready for a post-COVID world
• “What do you manage to? That’s the hardest determination at this point”
(Total Recorded Time 11:38)
Subscribe to the CVBT …