• Fourth-generation entrepreneur offers marketing tips for small business and insight on how COVID-19 will change marketing
• “If you’re going to own a business, especially today, you’ve got to be a marketing superhero”
TRT (Total Recorded Time) is 18:42
Subscribe to the CVBT Executive Newsletter here: https://tinyurl.com/syqft9z
After a quarter century of running her own business, fourth-generation entrepreneur Karen Sullivan has seen marketing evolve through one phase after another. From that, she says, it’s the tried and true that still works in the 21st Century.
Times have changed. Techniques have changed. Media have waxed and waned. But one thing remains true about marketing: It has to help sell something.
“You’ve got to make somebody want it and you’ve got to get them in the door,” she says. “Once you get them in the door, it becomes sales.”
Ms. Sullivan says she has developed a concept of marketing superhero personas that explore the pros and the cons of owners who try to do it all. “We feel that if you’re going to own a business, especially today, you’ve got to be a marketing superhero,” she says.
Karen Sullivan talks about marketing, the superheroes she sees and the “kryptonite” that weakens so many in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast. Please click here to listen:
“I have always done marketing,” says Ms. Sullivan, who grew up in a family-owned business. “Literally started out in grade school.”
Sullivan Solutions works exclusively with privately held small and medium businesses. “The same principles apply regardless of the audience you’re going for. You’ve got to know who you’re selling to, know what the benefits are to them so that you could speak directly into that,” she says.
For more information:
• Vito Altavilla tells how he did it
• “It’s more like you’re a chronicler of an age
(Total Recorded Time is 13:12)
Lots of people think they’ve got a book inside of them but few do …
• Only pay and advancement tops clear communications
• “It’s all important that you know which words matter”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:39)
• Expert tells why customer onboarding is as important as the sale
• “Find out what your customers want and need”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:51)
For more than two decades, Donna Weber has …
• A quiet Charlotte family is thrust into Hollywood
• “Writing for me was something that I didn’t share with anybody”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:21)
• Transformation coach points to his own unusual experience
• “I have a mission on this Earth”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:04)
What he describes as a mystical experience has shaped the …
• It’s the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S.
• “When you bring up the word ‘suicide,’ people shut down”
(Total Recorded Time is 26:05)