• Fourth-generation entrepreneur offers marketing tips for small business and insight on how COVID-19 will change marketing
• “If you’re going to own a business, especially today, you’ve got to be a marketing superhero”
TRT (Total Recorded Time) is 18:42
Subscribe to the CVBT Executive Newsletter here: https://tinyurl.com/syqft9z
After a quarter century of running her own business, fourth-generation entrepreneur Karen Sullivan has seen marketing evolve through one phase after another. From that, she says, it’s the tried and true that still works in the 21st Century.
Times have changed. Techniques have changed. Media have waxed and waned. But one thing remains true about marketing: It has to help sell something.
“You’ve got to make somebody want it and you’ve got to get them in the door,” she says. “Once you get them in the door, it becomes sales.”
Ms. Sullivan says she has developed a concept of marketing superhero personas that explore the pros and the cons of owners who try to do it all. “We feel that if you’re going to own a business, especially today, you’ve got to be a marketing superhero,” she says.
Karen Sullivan talks about marketing, the superheroes she sees and the “kryptonite” that weakens so many in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast. Please click here to listen:
“I have always done marketing,” says Ms. Sullivan, who grew up in a family-owned business. “Literally started out in grade school.”
Sullivan Solutions works exclusively with privately held small and medium businesses. “The same principles apply regardless of the audience you’re going for. You’ve got to know who you’re selling to, know what the benefits are to them so that you could speak directly into that,” she says.
For more information:
• Mark Willis says people should bank on themselves
• “When do we ever stop to think about our wants and needs are for ourselves?”
Author and …
• New techniques can be applied at home and work
• “We’d like to think we’re good listeners, but….”
(Total Recorded Time is 6:16)
If you’re trying to communicate better at work, perhaps …
• What Hemmingway can teach beginning authors
• “If you want to be a professional, you’ve got to treat it like a job”
(Total Recorded Time is 27:24)
So you think you can write a book? If …
• New brain patterns can help shed limiting beliefs
• “Everything is based around energy. Everything”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:15)
We’ve heard about IQ. And EQ. Now, says veteran …
• Cult victim grows into a meditation teacher and yoga guru
• MahanKirn Khalsa talks about her life
From poverty and degradation to worldwide …
• Survivor of war-torn Berlin recounts life’s lessons
• An ironic twist to Hitler’s car
For many younger people, the horrors of World War Two are something read about in a history book. …