• Management consultant say now is the time for companies to be intensely training the next generation of leaders
• “How do I quickly and effectively move my emerging leaders … into leadership positions”
Total Recorded Time is 16:40
There could well be another aspect of the current COVID-19 recession that is about to surface: a tsunami of retirements by senior members of many businesses who look at the death rate from the pandemic and re-order their priorities, says management consultant Lisa Ryan, chief appreciation strategist with the consulting firm Grategy of Cleveland.
Before a company sees that corporate wisdom walk out the door for the last time, it’s prudent to train the next generation of leaders, she says.
“How do I quickly and effectively move my emerging leaders – move my Gen X, move my Millennials – into leadership positions, giving them the skills that they need to carry on,” she says.
Ms. Ryan says too often those suddenly promoted may know the mechanics of the job but do not have the “soft skills” needed to be effective leaders.
Lisa Ryan talks about what company leaders should be considering now to prepare for a post-COVID future in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast.
• Why managers need to recognize brain sex
• The “4 C’s” a manager can implement today
• “You can’t ignore gender”
(Total recorded time is 14:41)
In these days of pandemic, every business …
• Music from the heart and heat of World War Two is is being remastered for a 21st Century audience
• “I discovered them while going through his attic”
(Total recorded time is 11:32)
• What leaders can learn from top adventurers
• “The end result if you can work through that conflict and communicate effectively is you get better …
• Even when working from home, you can strive for a balance between work and life, Fresno State expert says
• “We do better when we’re rested and when we have time away from work”
• Commercial real estate disruptor calls for nore “conscious capitalism”
• “You can create extraordinary success by helping others succeed”
Jonathan Keyser, founder and CEO of the Phoenix, …
• Chaotic times require adaptive leadership, he says
• “It’s very easy to get into a conversation about history”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:30)
In these chaotic and incredibly uncertain …