• Management consultant say now is the time for companies to be intensely training the next generation of leaders
• “How do I quickly and effectively move my emerging leaders … into leadership positions”
Total Recorded Time is 16:40
There could well be another aspect of the current COVID-19 recession that is about to surface: a tsunami of retirements by senior members of many businesses who look at the death rate from the pandemic and re-order their priorities, says management consultant Lisa Ryan, chief appreciation strategist with the consulting firm Grategy of Cleveland.
Before a company sees that corporate wisdom walk out the door for the last time, it’s prudent to train the next generation of leaders, she says.
“How do I quickly and effectively move my emerging leaders – move my Gen X, move my Millennials – into leadership positions, giving them the skills that they need to carry on,” she says.
Ms. Ryan says too often those suddenly promoted may know the mechanics of the job but do not have the “soft skills” needed to be effective leaders.
Lisa Ryan talks about what company leaders should be considering now to prepare for a post-COVID future in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast.
• And they are getting other firms to do it too
• Updating an old saying
Total Recorded Time is 20:07
There’s a saying used by many business …
• Ken Honda explains how angry money is holding you back
• “You can free yourself financially and also emotionally”
Total Recorded Time is 15:30
• Jo Deaton offers 5 ways to stay resilient during the pandemic
• She says none of this is normal
Total Recorded Time is 9:05
It's been more than a …
• UC Merced researchers say covering the state’s canal matrix with solar panels generates savings, helps clear the air
• “Without taking a bit of …
• Action plan is adopted with two-year deadline
• “We know the challenges are daunting”
Total recorded time is 13:40
With more than one out of every four homeless people in the nation …
• How a Central Valley firefighter is trying to stop the wildfire of suicides in the ranks
• Firefighter suicides surpass on-duty death
Total Recorded Time is 14:49
And if that sounds …