• Management consultant say now is the time for companies to be intensely training the next generation of leaders
• “How do I quickly and effectively move my emerging leaders … into leadership positions”
Total Recorded Time is 16:40
There could well be another aspect of the current COVID-19 recession that is about to surface: a tsunami of retirements by senior members of many businesses who look at the death rate from the pandemic and re-order their priorities, says management consultant Lisa Ryan, chief appreciation strategist with the consulting firm Grategy of Cleveland.
Before a company sees that corporate wisdom walk out the door for the last time, it’s prudent to train the next generation of leaders, she says.
“How do I quickly and effectively move my emerging leaders – move my Gen X, move my Millennials – into leadership positions, giving them the skills that they need to carry on,” she says.
Ms. Ryan says too often those suddenly promoted may know the mechanics of the job but do not have the “soft skills” needed to be effective leaders.
Lisa Ryan talks about what company leaders should be considering now to prepare for a post-COVID future in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast.
• Vito Altavilla tells how he did it
• “It’s more like you’re a chronicler of an age
(Total Recorded Time is 13:12)
Lots of people think they’ve got a book inside of them but few do …
• Only pay and advancement tops clear communications
• “It’s all important that you know which words matter”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:39)
• Expert tells why customer onboarding is as important as the sale
• “Find out what your customers want and need”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:51)
For more than two decades, Donna Weber has …
• A quiet Charlotte family is thrust into Hollywood
• “Writing for me was something that I didn’t share with anybody”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:21)
• Transformation coach points to his own unusual experience
• “I have a mission on this Earth”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:04)
What he describes as a mystical experience has shaped the …
• It’s the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S.
• “When you bring up the word ‘suicide,’ people shut down”
(Total Recorded Time is 26:05)