• How businesses are pivoting to get ready for a post-COVID world
• “What do you manage to? That’s the hardest determination at this point”
(Total Recorded Time 11:38)
Subscribe to the CVBT Daily Executive Newsletter here:
With some states “re-opening” after weeks of COVID-19 lockdowns, business is trying to see how much they will have to pivot to meet new opportunities, says Mark McKee, president and chief operating officer of the online payroll and back office services company OnPay.
“As people have started to understand more of what we’re up against and maybe how long it will take, they talk about how do we now pivot our businesses to be online … or having a physical presence in a safe way,” Mr. McKee says.
Mark McKee talks about what he’s hearing about business post-COVID in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast.
Mr. McKee says the new federal stimulus programs, while initially confusing to many, offer some lifelines to stay liquid.
“I think the best tool for most businesses is to utilize the PPP (paycheck protection program) although they’ve just run out of the second round of funding for that,” Mr. McKee says. “That seems to be the cleanest and easiest way for most to get short-term liquidity on the book and potentially some of that forgiven.”
In the podcast, he offers other ways to tap the federal funds along with what he’s hearing from businesses across the nation about the future.
“What do you manage to? That’s the hardest determination at this point,” he says. “What is the end point we’re all managing for?”
For more information: https://onpay.com/covid-19
• Why are COVID rates so high in the Central Valley?
• UC Merced professor has an unsettling answer
A new study from the University of California, Merced, finds a link between low-wage …
• Renowned psychology professor reveals research that could boost your team’s productivity and reduce stress
• “Just looking at the blue color for …
• Are “microagressions” poisoning your relationships?
• “Microaggressions, typically, are neither micro nor aggressive”
Total recorded time is 15:55
Every day, people exclude and …
• Using quantum mechanics in everyday life
• “You create the outcome of your life from within you and your own power”
Total recorded time is 24:57
The writer Agatha Christie had her …
• Why the jobless numbers are not going down
• “Despite a couple positive signals that we’ve seen, there’s some real worry”
Total Recorded Time is 7:49
The Department of Labor said last …
• New president of University of the Pacific offers vision for the future of the university
• “I’m so inspired by our young people today”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:27)
The tri-campus …