• Are “microagressions” poisoning your relationships?
• “Microaggressions, typically, are neither micro nor aggressive”
Total recorded time is 15:55
Every day, people exclude and alienate others – and often quite unintentionally.
This can be as simple as frequently mispronouncing a co-worker’s name. Or it can be more overt, such as avoiding someone who looks different.
Social scientist Michael Baran, senior partner and digital solutions lead at inQUEST Consulting, has been researching the problem.
“Microaggressions, typically, are neither micro nor aggressive,” says Mr. Baran. “What people mean by that is those times when people aren’t necessarily trying to be mean or to exclude people or cause harm, but that’s what the impact is.”
He says that just pointing out the offense to a coworker, an acquaintance, or a stranger can raise hackles. But Mr. Baran says that when the subject -- or an observer -- speaks up, it can be effective.
Michael Baran talks about the problem and solutions business leaders can implement immediately in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcasts.
• Former restauranteur knows the real recipe for business success
• “A lesson that’s not just for business, but is actually a lesson for life”
Total Recorded Time is 23:55
Dan Sachs knows …
• Too many in business are letting their creativity languish, expert says
• “Everything about creativity can be learned”
Despite all the talk about innovation, people in business are not …
• Public pension plans are just murder for insider Josiah Vencel
• “It’s nonfiction wrapped in fiction”
There are only a few ways to keep a public pension fund financially viable: …
• No, you’re not immune to bias
• “Work that really does have an impact is when you help people understand the way they’re making decisions”
Howard Ross, a lifelong social justice …
• Expert Jennifer Kahnweiler says it’s time organizations were introvert-friendly
• “You’ll get so much more out of your team if you play to their preferences”
(Total recorded time is …
• How to spot the hidden technology reefs that could shipwreck your small business
• “You can be leveraging technology in the same way that a …