• Are “microagressions” poisoning your relationships?
• “Microaggressions, typically, are neither micro nor aggressive”
Total recorded time is 15:55
Every day, people exclude and alienate others – and often quite unintentionally.
This can be as simple as frequently mispronouncing a co-worker’s name. Or it can be more overt, such as avoiding someone who looks different.
Social scientist Michael Baran, senior partner and digital solutions lead at inQUEST Consulting, has been researching the problem.
“Microaggressions, typically, are neither micro nor aggressive,” says Mr. Baran. “What people mean by that is those times when people aren’t necessarily trying to be mean or to exclude people or cause harm, but that’s what the impact is.”
He says that just pointing out the offense to a coworker, an acquaintance, or a stranger can raise hackles. But Mr. Baran says that when the subject -- or an observer -- speaks up, it can be effective.
Michael Baran talks about the problem and solutions business leaders can implement immediately in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcasts.
• He wrote 60 books while working fulltime as a newspaper editor
• Wes Boyd gave away his novels
• “I’d rather keep working and keep writing …
• Why your organization’s culture may need to be changed – now
• Expert shows why some companies are dragged down by their corporate culture
• Veteran leadership consu,tant boils success down to seven key gears
• “Seventy-five to ninety per-cent of organizations fall short of achieving …
• What happens post-COVID? Our podcast guest talks with 140 top executives
• “What we heard was a kind of shift to humility”
(Total Recorded Time is 10:30)
The COVID-18 pandemic has …
• Expert shows why workplace diversity efforts fall short
• “If you want to hire diverse people, let them be diverse”
(Total Recorded Time is 20:20)
Despite decades of effort, workplace …
• Trying to publish that book? This podcast has insider info that you need to know
• “There are ways of making money. I don’t want to discourage anyone”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:20)