• How to spot the hidden technology reefs that could shipwreck your small business
• “You can be leveraging technology in the same way that a Fortune 500 company”
(Total Recorded Time is 13:35)
Let’s just add another major worry when it comes to keeping your small business afloat in these troubled times of recession and COVID pandemic. It’s trying to steer a company through the hidden reefs of using outdated software or hardware, says Michael Fillios, founder and CEO of the IT Ally Institute, a Mason, Ohio-based nonprofit organization helping small and medium-sized businesses.
“There’s a balance that you need to strike between keeping the lights on with technology investments as well as thinking about these investments mores strategically,” says Mr. Fillios. “As we’ve learned in the most recent days with COVID, technology can really be utilized in more ways than we can ever imagine.
“You can be leveraging technology in the same way that a Fortune 500 company,” Mt. Fillios says.
He warns that failure to pay attention to what he calls technology debt can run a company aground. “This now goes beyond just the traditional software defects into many other areas of a business including hardware and purchase application and talent and data and process,” he says.
Michael Fillios goes into detail about often overlooked problem and what business leaders should do about it in this exclusive CVBT Audio Interview Podcast via Skype:
Mr. Fillios is author of the new book, “Tech Debt 2.0: How to Future Proof Your Small Business and Improve Your Tech Bottom Line,” (IT Ally Institute; 2020).
For more information: www.itallyinstitute.org
• What? You didn’t know? Why this is “The Era of Workplace Fun”
• Fun is serious business in recruiting – and retaining – the best
(Total Recorded Time is 42:43)
Repeat after me: “Work …
• Sales expert finds the 100 most critical sales skills
• “Six key themes emerged”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:48)
You might call him the “Readers Digest” for that aisle of books about …
• If you can’t or won’t sell, is business ownership for you?
• “One of the things I hope the book does is that it prevents people from making the big mistakes”
(Total Recorded Time is …
• Expert says it’s time to ditch the old way of selling – pitching, persuading and pressuring
• “Too often social entrepreneurs underestimate the …
• As nation emerges from COVID, leaders face new challenges to keep employees motivated
• “You’ve got to get in the game”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:05)
In addition to its tragic death …
• What leaders should prepare for
• “People are managing it very differently”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:41)
As the U.S. emerges from its worst …