• How to spot the hidden technology reefs that could shipwreck your small business
• “You can be leveraging technology in the same way that a Fortune 500 company”
(Total Recorded Time is 13:35)
Let’s just add another major worry when it comes to keeping your small business afloat in these troubled times of recession and COVID pandemic. It’s trying to steer a company through the hidden reefs of using outdated software or hardware, says Michael Fillios, founder and CEO of the IT Ally Institute, a Mason, Ohio-based nonprofit organization helping small and medium-sized businesses.
“There’s a balance that you need to strike between keeping the lights on with technology investments as well as thinking about these investments mores strategically,” says Mr. Fillios. “As we’ve learned in the most recent days with COVID, technology can really be utilized in more ways than we can ever imagine.
“You can be leveraging technology in the same way that a Fortune 500 company,” Mt. Fillios says.
He warns that failure to pay attention to what he calls technology debt can run a company aground. “This now goes beyond just the traditional software defects into many other areas of a business including hardware and purchase application and talent and data and process,” he says.
Michael Fillios goes into detail about often overlooked problem and what business leaders should do about it in this exclusive CVBT Audio Interview Podcast via Skype:
Mr. Fillios is author of the new book, “Tech Debt 2.0: How to Future Proof Your Small Business and Improve Your Tech Bottom Line,” (IT Ally Institute; 2020).
For more information: www.itallyinstitute.org
• The epiphany for a veteran salesman
• “Ethical behavior creates dedicated employees and loyal customers”
After years of selling – used cars, lighting supplies, whatever—Joel Malkoff …
• Visual marketing expert Amy Balliett on how to market to the Incredible Shrinking Attention Span
• What’s 60,000 times faster than the printed word?
(Total recorded time is 31:31)
• Why traditional authoritarian approaches no longer fit today’s leadership needs
• Revealed: The five “Cs” to success
Do nice guys really finish last? Not according to Ed Frauenheim in …
• Today’s marketers were already facing exponential challenges. Then came COVID
• The authority on being agile in marketing offers tips, examples and ideas
(Total Recorded Time is 23:48)
• He wrote 60 books while working fulltime as a newspaper editor
• Wes Boyd gave away his novels
• “I’d rather keep working and keep writing …
• Why your organization’s culture may need to be changed – now
• Expert shows why some companies are dragged down by their corporate culture