• How to spot the hidden technology reefs that could shipwreck your small business
• “You can be leveraging technology in the same way that a Fortune 500 company”
(Total Recorded Time is 13:35)
Let’s just add another major worry when it comes to keeping your small business afloat in these troubled times of recession and COVID pandemic. It’s trying to steer a company through the hidden reefs of using outdated software or hardware, says Michael Fillios, founder and CEO of the IT Ally Institute, a Mason, Ohio-based nonprofit organization helping small and medium-sized businesses.
“There’s a balance that you need to strike between keeping the lights on with technology investments as well as thinking about these investments mores strategically,” says Mr. Fillios. “As we’ve learned in the most recent days with COVID, technology can really be utilized in more ways than we can ever imagine.
“You can be leveraging technology in the same way that a Fortune 500 company,” Mt. Fillios says.
He warns that failure to pay attention to what he calls technology debt can run a company aground. “This now goes beyond just the traditional software defects into many other areas of a business including hardware and purchase application and talent and data and process,” he says.
Michael Fillios goes into detail about often overlooked problem and what business leaders should do about it in this exclusive CVBT Audio Interview Podcast via Skype:
Mr. Fillios is author of the new book, “Tech Debt 2.0: How to Future Proof Your Small Business and Improve Your Tech Bottom Line,” (IT Ally Institute; 2020).
For more information: www.itallyinstitute.org
• And they are getting other firms to do it too
• Updating an old saying
Total Recorded Time is 20:07
There’s a saying used by many business …
• Ken Honda explains how angry money is holding you back
• “You can free yourself financially and also emotionally”
Total Recorded Time is 15:30
• Jo Deaton offers 5 ways to stay resilient during the pandemic
• She says none of this is normal
Total Recorded Time is 9:05
It's been more than a …
• UC Merced researchers say covering the state’s canal matrix with solar panels generates savings, helps clear the air
• “Without taking a bit of …
• Action plan is adopted with two-year deadline
• “We know the challenges are daunting”
Total recorded time is 13:40
With more than one out of every four homeless people in the nation …
• How a Central Valley firefighter is trying to stop the wildfire of suicides in the ranks
• Firefighter suicides surpass on-duty death
Total Recorded Time is 14:49
And if that sounds …