• How to spot the hidden technology reefs that could shipwreck your small business
• “You can be leveraging technology in the same way that a Fortune 500 company”
(Total Recorded Time is 13:35)
Let’s just add another major worry when it comes to keeping your small business afloat in these troubled times of recession and COVID pandemic. It’s trying to steer a company through the hidden reefs of using outdated software or hardware, says Michael Fillios, founder and CEO of the IT Ally Institute, a Mason, Ohio-based nonprofit organization helping small and medium-sized businesses.
“There’s a balance that you need to strike between keeping the lights on with technology investments as well as thinking about these investments mores strategically,” says Mr. Fillios. “As we’ve learned in the most recent days with COVID, technology can really be utilized in more ways than we can ever imagine.
“You can be leveraging technology in the same way that a Fortune 500 company,” Mt. Fillios says.
He warns that failure to pay attention to what he calls technology debt can run a company aground. “This now goes beyond just the traditional software defects into many other areas of a business including hardware and purchase application and talent and data and process,” he says.
Michael Fillios goes into detail about often overlooked problem and what business leaders should do about it in this exclusive CVBT Audio Interview Podcast via Skype:
Mr. Fillios is author of the new book, “Tech Debt 2.0: How to Future Proof Your Small Business and Improve Your Tech Bottom Line,” (IT Ally Institute; 2020).
For more information: www.itallyinstitute.org
• Vito Altavilla tells how he did it
• “It’s more like you’re a chronicler of an age
(Total Recorded Time is 13:12)
Lots of people think they’ve got a book inside of them but few do …
• Only pay and advancement tops clear communications
• “It’s all important that you know which words matter”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:39)
• Expert tells why customer onboarding is as important as the sale
• “Find out what your customers want and need”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:51)
For more than two decades, Donna Weber has …
• A quiet Charlotte family is thrust into Hollywood
• “Writing for me was something that I didn’t share with anybody”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:21)
• Transformation coach points to his own unusual experience
• “I have a mission on this Earth”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:04)
What he describes as a mystical experience has shaped the …
• It’s the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S.
• “When you bring up the word ‘suicide,’ people shut down”
(Total Recorded Time is 26:05)