• Why Ken Wentworth calls himself a “fractional CEO”
• “It’s hard to have that strategic vision when you’re always ‘putting out fires’”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:20)
Recorded March 10, 2020
Somewhat like Superman, mild-mannered Ken Wentworth has an alter ego: Mr. Biz.
It’s his trade name for his real-life vocation of consulting business leaders to help them make their companies more successful.
“It’s hard to have that strategic vision when you’re always ‘putting out fires’ and running your business,” Mr. Wentworth says.
That’s where he and his team step in, he says. Mr. Wentworth, who spent 20 years in the corporate world, is now a “fractional CEO,” in which he works as a consultant to build specific skills a company’s CEO needs to build his company
Mr. Wentworth talks about some of the problems he’s helped CEOs deal with in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast, via Skype.
“Two common problems that I see,” he says are “cash flow Number One … [and] hiring good people.”
In the podcast, Mr. Wentworth offers a surprising trick to helping sort out the good from the bad when it comes to hiring. The listener should note that the interview was recorded prior to the COVID-19 lockdown orders.
Please click below to listen now or to download the audio file for later use.
• Recession – or worse – ahead, warns economist
• “There’s a good chance we’ll have a recession in 2023”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:02)
The nation’s economy, if not the world economy, is …
• Marine Corps veteran turned author says quantum mechanics points to an inner god
• “I’ve come around to this idea we all have a god inside us”
(TRT is 24:15)
David Richards went from a …
• He taps ancient wisdom
• “So I thought it was time to up end the way we are talking to each other”
(TRT is 20:56)
Elvir Causevic runs a boutique investment bank in San Francisco. But …
• Business coach says even grief can help rebuild success
• “I stumbled upon grief as many of us do”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:37)
Failure and grief can be turned into into personal, …
• David Bentall went through one and has learned
• “It was a very, very painful thing for our family”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:23)
Your children. …
• New writers find it takes more than a turn of phrase
• “It’s one thing that writers should learn early on”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:00)