• Why Ken Wentworth calls himself a “fractional CEO”
• “It’s hard to have that strategic vision when you’re always ‘putting out fires’”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:20)
Recorded March 10, 2020
Somewhat like Superman, mild-mannered Ken Wentworth has an alter ego: Mr. Biz.
It’s his trade name for his real-life vocation of consulting business leaders to help them make their companies more successful.
“It’s hard to have that strategic vision when you’re always ‘putting out fires’ and running your business,” Mr. Wentworth says.
That’s where he and his team step in, he says. Mr. Wentworth, who spent 20 years in the corporate world, is now a “fractional CEO,” in which he works as a consultant to build specific skills a company’s CEO needs to build his company
Mr. Wentworth talks about some of the problems he’s helped CEOs deal with in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast, via Skype.
“Two common problems that I see,” he says are “cash flow Number One … [and] hiring good people.”
In the podcast, Mr. Wentworth offers a surprising trick to helping sort out the good from the bad when it comes to hiring. The listener should note that the interview was recorded prior to the COVID-19 lockdown orders.
Please click below to listen now or to download the audio file for later use.
• What? You didn’t know? Why this is “The Era of Workplace Fun”
• Fun is serious business in recruiting – and retaining – the best
(Total Recorded Time is 42:43)
Repeat after me: “Work …
• Sales expert finds the 100 most critical sales skills
• “Six key themes emerged”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:48)
You might call him the “Readers Digest” for that aisle of books about …
• If you can’t or won’t sell, is business ownership for you?
• “One of the things I hope the book does is that it prevents people from making the big mistakes”
(Total Recorded Time is …
• Expert says it’s time to ditch the old way of selling – pitching, persuading and pressuring
• “Too often social entrepreneurs underestimate the …
• As nation emerges from COVID, leaders face new challenges to keep employees motivated
• “You’ve got to get in the game”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:05)
In addition to its tragic death …
• What leaders should prepare for
• “People are managing it very differently”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:41)
As the U.S. emerges from its worst …