• Why Ken Wentworth calls himself a “fractional CEO”
• “It’s hard to have that strategic vision when you’re always ‘putting out fires’”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:20)
Recorded March 10, 2020
Somewhat like Superman, mild-mannered Ken Wentworth has an alter ego: Mr. Biz.
It’s his trade name for his real-life vocation of consulting business leaders to help them make their companies more successful.
“It’s hard to have that strategic vision when you’re always ‘putting out fires’ and running your business,” Mr. Wentworth says.
That’s where he and his team step in, he says. Mr. Wentworth, who spent 20 years in the corporate world, is now a “fractional CEO,” in which he works as a consultant to build specific skills a company’s CEO needs to build his company
Mr. Wentworth talks about some of the problems he’s helped CEOs deal with in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast, via Skype.
“Two common problems that I see,” he says are “cash flow Number One … [and] hiring good people.”
In the podcast, Mr. Wentworth offers a surprising trick to helping sort out the good from the bad when it comes to hiring. The listener should note that the interview was recorded prior to the COVID-19 lockdown orders.
Please click below to listen now or to download the audio file for later use.
• Vito Altavilla tells how he did it
• “It’s more like you’re a chronicler of an age
(Total Recorded Time is 13:12)
Lots of people think they’ve got a book inside of them but few do …
• Only pay and advancement tops clear communications
• “It’s all important that you know which words matter”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:39)
• Expert tells why customer onboarding is as important as the sale
• “Find out what your customers want and need”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:51)
For more than two decades, Donna Weber has …
• A quiet Charlotte family is thrust into Hollywood
• “Writing for me was something that I didn’t share with anybody”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:21)
• Transformation coach points to his own unusual experience
• “I have a mission on this Earth”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:04)
What he describes as a mystical experience has shaped the …
• It’s the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S.
• “When you bring up the word ‘suicide,’ people shut down”
(Total Recorded Time is 26:05)