• A better way to fix career burnout for the manager -- and the managed
• “Unless you really pay attention to yourself and are conscious of yourself … you can’t really make any decisions or choices to change it”
Total Recorded Time (TRT): 21:50
Subscribe to the daily CVBT Executive Newsletter here:
Career burnout. Many managers and other professionals face it. When it’s recognized it can lead to an encore career following a particular passion. For Natasha Wallace, it prompted her to start her own company with an eye to helping others who were facing “the road not taken,” as the poet Robert Frost described it.
But to change an organization requires self-knowledge by the leaders, Ms. Wallace says.
“Unless you really pay attention to yourself and are conscious of yourself -- and how happy, satisfied, fulfilled and well you feel – you can’t really make any decisions or choices to change it,” she says.
The veteran HR director says to get an organization consistently delivering high performance takes much more than merely demanding “work” from employees.
“The workplace is evolving and we need to learn new skills to keep up,” she says.
Ms. Wallace calls her company Conscious Works to stress the need to consciously invest time in people as individuals, and encourage collaboration and togetherness.
Natasha Wallace talks about what she sees as needed and fundamental changes in workplace relationships, leadership burnout, and how to cope in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast via Skype.
• The epiphany for a veteran salesman
• “Ethical behavior creates dedicated employees and loyal customers”
After years of selling – used cars, lighting supplies, whatever—Joel Malkoff …
• Visual marketing expert Amy Balliett on how to market to the Incredible Shrinking Attention Span
• What’s 60,000 times faster than the printed word?
(Total recorded time is 31:31)
• Why traditional authoritarian approaches no longer fit today’s leadership needs
• Revealed: The five “Cs” to success
Do nice guys really finish last? Not according to Ed Frauenheim in …
• Today’s marketers were already facing exponential challenges. Then came COVID
• The authority on being agile in marketing offers tips, examples and ideas
(Total Recorded Time is 23:48)
• He wrote 60 books while working fulltime as a newspaper editor
• Wes Boyd gave away his novels
• “I’d rather keep working and keep writing …
• Why your organization’s culture may need to be changed – now
• Expert shows why some companies are dragged down by their corporate culture