• A better way to fix career burnout for the manager -- and the managed
• “Unless you really pay attention to yourself and are conscious of yourself … you can’t really make any decisions or choices to change it”
Total Recorded Time (TRT): 21:50
Subscribe to the daily CVBT Executive Newsletter here:
Career burnout. Many managers and other professionals face it. When it’s recognized it can lead to an encore career following a particular passion. For Natasha Wallace, it prompted her to start her own company with an eye to helping others who were facing “the road not taken,” as the poet Robert Frost described it.
But to change an organization requires self-knowledge by the leaders, Ms. Wallace says.
“Unless you really pay attention to yourself and are conscious of yourself -- and how happy, satisfied, fulfilled and well you feel – you can’t really make any decisions or choices to change it,” she says.
The veteran HR director says to get an organization consistently delivering high performance takes much more than merely demanding “work” from employees.
“The workplace is evolving and we need to learn new skills to keep up,” she says.
Ms. Wallace calls her company Conscious Works to stress the need to consciously invest time in people as individuals, and encourage collaboration and togetherness.
Natasha Wallace talks about what she sees as needed and fundamental changes in workplace relationships, leadership burnout, and how to cope in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast via Skype.
• Vito Altavilla tells how he did it
• “It’s more like you’re a chronicler of an age
(Total Recorded Time is 13:12)
Lots of people think they’ve got a book inside of them but few do …
• Only pay and advancement tops clear communications
• “It’s all important that you know which words matter”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:39)
• Expert tells why customer onboarding is as important as the sale
• “Find out what your customers want and need”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:51)
For more than two decades, Donna Weber has …
• A quiet Charlotte family is thrust into Hollywood
• “Writing for me was something that I didn’t share with anybody”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:21)
• Transformation coach points to his own unusual experience
• “I have a mission on this Earth”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:04)
What he describes as a mystical experience has shaped the …
• It’s the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S.
• “When you bring up the word ‘suicide,’ people shut down”
(Total Recorded Time is 26:05)