• A better way to fix career burnout for the manager -- and the managed
• “Unless you really pay attention to yourself and are conscious of yourself … you can’t really make any decisions or choices to change it”
Total Recorded Time (TRT): 21:50
Subscribe to the daily CVBT Executive Newsletter here:
Career burnout. Many managers and other professionals face it. When it’s recognized it can lead to an encore career following a particular passion. For Natasha Wallace, it prompted her to start her own company with an eye to helping others who were facing “the road not taken,” as the poet Robert Frost described it.
But to change an organization requires self-knowledge by the leaders, Ms. Wallace says.
“Unless you really pay attention to yourself and are conscious of yourself -- and how happy, satisfied, fulfilled and well you feel – you can’t really make any decisions or choices to change it,” she says.
The veteran HR director says to get an organization consistently delivering high performance takes much more than merely demanding “work” from employees.
“The workplace is evolving and we need to learn new skills to keep up,” she says.
Ms. Wallace calls her company Conscious Works to stress the need to consciously invest time in people as individuals, and encourage collaboration and togetherness.
Natasha Wallace talks about what she sees as needed and fundamental changes in workplace relationships, leadership burnout, and how to cope in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast via Skype.
• Why are COVID rates so high in the Central Valley?
• UC Merced professor has an unsettling answer
A new study from the University of California, Merced, finds a link between low-wage …
• Renowned psychology professor reveals research that could boost your team’s productivity and reduce stress
• “Just looking at the blue color for …
• Are “microagressions” poisoning your relationships?
• “Microaggressions, typically, are neither micro nor aggressive”
Total recorded time is 15:55
Every day, people exclude and …
• Using quantum mechanics in everyday life
• “You create the outcome of your life from within you and your own power”
Total recorded time is 24:57
The writer Agatha Christie had her …
• Why the jobless numbers are not going down
• “Despite a couple positive signals that we’ve seen, there’s some real worry”
Total Recorded Time is 7:49
The Department of Labor said last …
• New president of University of the Pacific offers vision for the future of the university
• “I’m so inspired by our young people today”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:27)
The tri-campus …