• A better way to fix career burnout for the manager -- and the managed
• “Unless you really pay attention to yourself and are conscious of yourself … you can’t really make any decisions or choices to change it”
Total Recorded Time (TRT): 21:50
Subscribe to the daily CVBT Executive Newsletter here:
Career burnout. Many managers and other professionals face it. When it’s recognized it can lead to an encore career following a particular passion. For Natasha Wallace, it prompted her to start her own company with an eye to helping others who were facing “the road not taken,” as the poet Robert Frost described it.
But to change an organization requires self-knowledge by the leaders, Ms. Wallace says.
“Unless you really pay attention to yourself and are conscious of yourself -- and how happy, satisfied, fulfilled and well you feel – you can’t really make any decisions or choices to change it,” she says.
The veteran HR director says to get an organization consistently delivering high performance takes much more than merely demanding “work” from employees.
“The workplace is evolving and we need to learn new skills to keep up,” she says.
Ms. Wallace calls her company Conscious Works to stress the need to consciously invest time in people as individuals, and encourage collaboration and togetherness.
Natasha Wallace talks about what she sees as needed and fundamental changes in workplace relationships, leadership burnout, and how to cope in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast via Skype.
• Strengthening your organization for the post-COVID world
• This solution is so simple it will need brave leaders
(Total Recorded Time is 38:06)
• How a “mompreneuer” took an idea from her kitchen to a nationwide business
• “Don’t put walls up in front of yourselves that prevent you from …
• What leaders should do when an employee grieves
• “This is a very unspoken, unaddressed area of leadership”
(Total recorded time is 22:45)
• A sea change is underway in how companies operate that could lead to prosperity for some and failure for others
• “A movement that’s been …
• There finally is a better way to sell
• “Our mission is to prove that ‘selling’ isn’t a word to be ashamed of”
(Total recorded time is 32:15)
Challenges to the success of businesses do …
• Former restauranteur knows the real recipe for business success
• “A lesson that’s not just for business, but is actually a lesson for life”
Total Recorded Time is 23:55
Dan Sachs knows …