• Software startup entrepreneur is taking machine learning to new levels
• “We realized there was a lot more opportunity than we’d initially thought of”
Please click here for our daily newsletter: https://tinyurl.com/syqft9z
Fulton had this problem with his first steamboats. The Wright brothers probably faced many of the same issues. All, and others before and since, invesnted something that seemed to solve a major problem but how to build a business out of such an idea.
Paul Powers, chief executive officer of software company Physna LLC of Cincinnati, Ohio, is following in those footsteps by taking machine learning to new levels.
Mr. Powers’ company makes software that, simply put, converts 3D images into smaller geometric units that then can be readily compared to similar objects. In one example of what that means, a parts designer could use the Physna software to see if the piece being designed can actually fit into a larger part.
And don’t call it CAD – computer aided design. Mr. Powers says the CAD industry remains stuck where it was 30 years ago. “CAD technology never left that 1980s state,” he says. This is 21st Century machine learning that he says could bring a revolution to the world’s economy on the scale of the internet.
“We realized there was a lot more opportunity than we’d initially thought of,” he says. “We did think of the solution but we didn’t realize that we were solving more problems than we knew.”
But while that sounds like tapping a gold mine, he says it can cause problems for a startup, as he explains in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast:
Please click here to listen now:
• And they are getting other firms to do it too
• Updating an old saying
Total Recorded Time is 20:07
There’s a saying used by many business …
• Ken Honda explains how angry money is holding you back
• “You can free yourself financially and also emotionally”
Total Recorded Time is 15:30
• Jo Deaton offers 5 ways to stay resilient during the pandemic
• She says none of this is normal
Total Recorded Time is 9:05
It's been more than a …
• UC Merced researchers say covering the state’s canal matrix with solar panels generates savings, helps clear the air
• “Without taking a bit of …
• Action plan is adopted with two-year deadline
• “We know the challenges are daunting”
Total recorded time is 13:40
With more than one out of every four homeless people in the nation …
• How a Central Valley firefighter is trying to stop the wildfire of suicides in the ranks
• Firefighter suicides surpass on-duty death
Total Recorded Time is 14:49
And if that sounds …