• Software startup entrepreneur is taking machine learning to new levels
• “We realized there was a lot more opportunity than we’d initially thought of”
Please click here for our daily newsletter: https://tinyurl.com/syqft9z
Fulton had this problem with his first steamboats. The Wright brothers probably faced many of the same issues. All, and others before and since, invesnted something that seemed to solve a major problem but how to build a business out of such an idea.
Paul Powers, chief executive officer of software company Physna LLC of Cincinnati, Ohio, is following in those footsteps by taking machine learning to new levels.
Mr. Powers’ company makes software that, simply put, converts 3D images into smaller geometric units that then can be readily compared to similar objects. In one example of what that means, a parts designer could use the Physna software to see if the piece being designed can actually fit into a larger part.
And don’t call it CAD – computer aided design. Mr. Powers says the CAD industry remains stuck where it was 30 years ago. “CAD technology never left that 1980s state,” he says. This is 21st Century machine learning that he says could bring a revolution to the world’s economy on the scale of the internet.
“We realized there was a lot more opportunity than we’d initially thought of,” he says. “We did think of the solution but we didn’t realize that we were solving more problems than we knew.”
But while that sounds like tapping a gold mine, he says it can cause problems for a startup, as he explains in this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast:
Please click here to listen now:
• Why managers need to recognize brain sex
• The “4 C’s” a manager can implement today
• “You can’t ignore gender”
(Total recorded time is 14:41)
In these days of pandemic, every business …
• Music from the heart and heat of World War Two is is being remastered for a 21st Century audience
• “I discovered them while going through his attic”
(Total recorded time is 11:32)
• What leaders can learn from top adventurers
• “The end result if you can work through that conflict and communicate effectively is you get better …
• Management consultant say now is the time for companies to be intensely training the next generation of leaders
• “How do I quickly and …
• Even when working from home, you can strive for a balance between work and life, Fresno State expert says
• “We do better when we’re rested and when we have time away from work”
• Commercial real estate disruptor calls for nore “conscious capitalism”
• “You can create extraordinary success by helping others succeed”
Jonathan Keyser, founder and CEO of the Phoenix, …