• Renowned psychology professor reveals research that could boost your team’s productivity and reduce stress
• “Just looking at the blue color for a few minutes will increase your creativity”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:03)
Sometimes it’s the trees. Or the beach. Or just gazing out the window at a garden.
These actions seem to help humans be more creative while reducing stress, says psychology professor and author Thalma Lobel.
“Just looking at the blue color for a few minutes – even less—will increase your creativity,” says Ms. Lobel. “It is true even in green.”
In this CVBT interview, she offers the research support for that and also tells about the experiment dealing with thinking outside the box, when that is meant literally.
Ms. Lobel is the author of the new book, “Whatever Works: The Small Cues That Make a Surprising Difference in Our Success at Work—and How to Create a Happier Office,” (BenBella Books; July 2020).
She says it takes more than salary and title for optimal teamwork. What is missing too often, she says, are the hidden factors that have profound effects on how well humans do their jobs and how happy they are at work.
Thalma Lobel details many of these hidden factors that can be quickly addressed by managers in this exclusive CVBT Audio Interview Podcast.
• He wrote 60 books while working fulltime as a newspaper editor
• Wes Boyd gave away his novels
• “I’d rather keep working and keep writing …
• Why your organization’s culture may need to be changed – now
• Expert shows why some companies are dragged down by their corporate culture
• Veteran leadership consu,tant boils success down to seven key gears
• “Seventy-five to ninety per-cent of organizations fall short of achieving …
• What happens post-COVID? Our podcast guest talks with 140 top executives
• “What we heard was a kind of shift to humility”
(Total Recorded Time is 10:30)
The COVID-18 pandemic has …
• Expert shows why workplace diversity efforts fall short
• “If you want to hire diverse people, let them be diverse”
(Total Recorded Time is 20:20)
Despite decades of effort, workplace …
• Trying to publish that book? This podcast has insider info that you need to know
• “There are ways of making money. I don’t want to discourage anyone”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:20)