• Renowned psychology professor reveals research that could boost your team’s productivity and reduce stress
• “Just looking at the blue color for a few minutes will increase your creativity”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:03)
Sometimes it’s the trees. Or the beach. Or just gazing out the window at a garden.
These actions seem to help humans be more creative while reducing stress, says psychology professor and author Thalma Lobel.
“Just looking at the blue color for a few minutes – even less—will increase your creativity,” says Ms. Lobel. “It is true even in green.”
In this CVBT interview, she offers the research support for that and also tells about the experiment dealing with thinking outside the box, when that is meant literally.
Ms. Lobel is the author of the new book, “Whatever Works: The Small Cues That Make a Surprising Difference in Our Success at Work—and How to Create a Happier Office,” (BenBella Books; July 2020).
She says it takes more than salary and title for optimal teamwork. What is missing too often, she says, are the hidden factors that have profound effects on how well humans do their jobs and how happy they are at work.
Thalma Lobel details many of these hidden factors that can be quickly addressed by managers in this exclusive CVBT Audio Interview Podcast.
• Former restauranteur knows the real recipe for business success
• “A lesson that’s not just for business, but is actually a lesson for life”
Total Recorded Time is 23:55
Dan Sachs knows …
• Too many in business are letting their creativity languish, expert says
• “Everything about creativity can be learned”
Despite all the talk about innovation, people in business are not …
• Public pension plans are just murder for insider Josiah Vencel
• “It’s nonfiction wrapped in fiction”
There are only a few ways to keep a public pension fund financially viable: …
• No, you’re not immune to bias
• “Work that really does have an impact is when you help people understand the way they’re making decisions”
Howard Ross, a lifelong social justice …
• Expert Jennifer Kahnweiler says it’s time organizations were introvert-friendly
• “You’ll get so much more out of your team if you play to their preferences”
(Total recorded time is …
• How to spot the hidden technology reefs that could shipwreck your small business
• “You can be leveraging technology in the same way that a …