• Renowned psychology professor reveals research that could boost your team’s productivity and reduce stress
• “Just looking at the blue color for a few minutes will increase your creativity”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:03)
Sometimes it’s the trees. Or the beach. Or just gazing out the window at a garden.
These actions seem to help humans be more creative while reducing stress, says psychology professor and author Thalma Lobel.
“Just looking at the blue color for a few minutes – even less—will increase your creativity,” says Ms. Lobel. “It is true even in green.”
In this CVBT interview, she offers the research support for that and also tells about the experiment dealing with thinking outside the box, when that is meant literally.
Ms. Lobel is the author of the new book, “Whatever Works: The Small Cues That Make a Surprising Difference in Our Success at Work—and How to Create a Happier Office,” (BenBella Books; July 2020).
She says it takes more than salary and title for optimal teamwork. What is missing too often, she says, are the hidden factors that have profound effects on how well humans do their jobs and how happy they are at work.
Thalma Lobel details many of these hidden factors that can be quickly addressed by managers in this exclusive CVBT Audio Interview Podcast.
• Why are COVID rates so high in the Central Valley?
• UC Merced professor has an unsettling answer
A new study from the University of California, Merced, finds a link between low-wage …
• Are “microagressions” poisoning your relationships?
• “Microaggressions, typically, are neither micro nor aggressive”
Total recorded time is 15:55
Every day, people exclude and …
• Using quantum mechanics in everyday life
• “You create the outcome of your life from within you and your own power”
Total recorded time is 24:57
The writer Agatha Christie had her …
• Why the jobless numbers are not going down
• “Despite a couple positive signals that we’ve seen, there’s some real worry”
Total Recorded Time is 7:49
The Department of Labor said last …
• New president of University of the Pacific offers vision for the future of the university
• “I’m so inspired by our young people today”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:27)
The tri-campus …
• Demotivated employees were a problem before COVID; now what?
• “One of the sources of demotivation … is stress”
Total Recorded Time is 16:39
Demotivated employees were a $500 billion …