• Demotivated employees were a problem before COVID; now what?
• “One of the sources of demotivation … is stress”
Total Recorded Time is 16:39
Demotivated employees were a $500 billion business crisis. Then Came COVID-19.
Before the COVID-19 outbreak, by several measures between 60 percent and 70 percent of U.S. workers were less than enthusiastic their work, costing businesses between $450 and $550 billion each year.
Add in one worldwide pandemic, newly remote and anxious employees, and news of daily layoffs, and leaders are left to plead, “Now what?” as employees mentally check out.
Actually, this COVID pandemic might not be entirely a bad thing, if only worker productivity is considered – if business managers and leaders recognize the problem and take simple, cost-effective steps to bolster morale and perhaps even ignite a flame or two of enthusiasm, say Tara Peters and Cathy Bush, authors of the new book, “The Demotivated Employee: Helping Leaders Solve the Motivation Crisis That Is Plaguing Business” (Advantage Media Group; March 17, 2020).
“Demotivation is not the opposite of motivation,” says Ms. Peters, an international consultant with a client list that includes Coca-Cola, Allstate, Walmart, and Ocwen and who currently serves as a professor at Northwood University’s DeVos Graduate School of Management and as academic dean for its Texas campus.
“We believe that leaders unintentionally demotivating their employees with their behaviors,” says Ms. Peters.
Tara Peters goes into practical detail about fixing problems of demotivation in these CVBT podcasts.
• What? You didn’t know? Why this is “The Era of Workplace Fun”
• Fun is serious business in recruiting – and retaining – the best
(Total Recorded Time is 42:43)
Repeat after me: “Work …
• Sales expert finds the 100 most critical sales skills
• “Six key themes emerged”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:48)
You might call him the “Readers Digest” for that aisle of books about …
• If you can’t or won’t sell, is business ownership for you?
• “One of the things I hope the book does is that it prevents people from making the big mistakes”
(Total Recorded Time is …
• Expert says it’s time to ditch the old way of selling – pitching, persuading and pressuring
• “Too often social entrepreneurs underestimate the …
• As nation emerges from COVID, leaders face new challenges to keep employees motivated
• “You’ve got to get in the game”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:05)
In addition to its tragic death …
• What leaders should prepare for
• “People are managing it very differently”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:41)
As the U.S. emerges from its worst …