• Demotivated employees were a problem before COVID; now what?
• “One of the sources of demotivation … is stress”
Total Recorded Time is 16:39
Demotivated employees were a $500 billion business crisis. Then Came COVID-19.
Before the COVID-19 outbreak, by several measures between 60 percent and 70 percent of U.S. workers were less than enthusiastic their work, costing businesses between $450 and $550 billion each year.
Add in one worldwide pandemic, newly remote and anxious employees, and news of daily layoffs, and leaders are left to plead, “Now what?” as employees mentally check out.
Actually, this COVID pandemic might not be entirely a bad thing, if only worker productivity is considered – if business managers and leaders recognize the problem and take simple, cost-effective steps to bolster morale and perhaps even ignite a flame or two of enthusiasm, say Tara Peters and Cathy Bush, authors of the new book, “The Demotivated Employee: Helping Leaders Solve the Motivation Crisis That Is Plaguing Business” (Advantage Media Group; March 17, 2020).
“Demotivation is not the opposite of motivation,” says Ms. Peters, an international consultant with a client list that includes Coca-Cola, Allstate, Walmart, and Ocwen and who currently serves as a professor at Northwood University’s DeVos Graduate School of Management and as academic dean for its Texas campus.
“We believe that leaders unintentionally demotivating their employees with their behaviors,” says Ms. Peters.
Tara Peters goes into practical detail about fixing problems of demotivation in these CVBT podcasts.
• And they are getting other firms to do it too
• Updating an old saying
Total Recorded Time is 20:07
There’s a saying used by many business …
• Ken Honda explains how angry money is holding you back
• “You can free yourself financially and also emotionally”
Total Recorded Time is 15:30
• Jo Deaton offers 5 ways to stay resilient during the pandemic
• She says none of this is normal
Total Recorded Time is 9:05
It's been more than a …
• UC Merced researchers say covering the state’s canal matrix with solar panels generates savings, helps clear the air
• “Without taking a bit of …
• Action plan is adopted with two-year deadline
• “We know the challenges are daunting”
Total recorded time is 13:40
With more than one out of every four homeless people in the nation …
• How a Central Valley firefighter is trying to stop the wildfire of suicides in the ranks
• Firefighter suicides surpass on-duty death
Total Recorded Time is 14:49
And if that sounds …