• Author of the new book “Start Finishing” tells how to control distractions and interruptions
• We spend about half of our time thinking about something other than what we’re supposed to be doing
So when were you going to finish that project? Yesterday? Well, surely today. That is if you’re not interrupted or distracted.
And that’s the problem says our guest on this CVBT Audio Interview Podcast… interruptions and distractions.
Charlie Gilkey says we spend about half of our time thinking about something other than what we’re supposed to be doing. At work, such diversions may poison our projects and, along with them, job satisfaction and even career success/
Mr. Gilkey is the head of a Portland, Oregon, company he named Productive Flourishing.
• What? You didn’t know? Why this is “The Era of Workplace Fun”
• Fun is serious business in recruiting – and retaining – the best
(Total Recorded Time is 42:43)
Repeat after me: “Work …
• Sales expert finds the 100 most critical sales skills
• “Six key themes emerged”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:48)
You might call him the “Readers Digest” for that aisle of books about …
• If you can’t or won’t sell, is business ownership for you?
• “One of the things I hope the book does is that it prevents people from making the big mistakes”
(Total Recorded Time is …
• Expert says it’s time to ditch the old way of selling – pitching, persuading and pressuring
• “Too often social entrepreneurs underestimate the …
• As nation emerges from COVID, leaders face new challenges to keep employees motivated
• “You’ve got to get in the game”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:05)
In addition to its tragic death …
• What leaders should prepare for
• “People are managing it very differently”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:41)
As the U.S. emerges from its worst …