• Chaotic times require adaptive leadership, he says
• “It’s very easy to get into a conversation about history”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:30)
In these chaotic and incredibly uncertain times, effective leadership can fall back on a proven, specific way of leading and managing teams, says Ed Muzio, chief executive officer of Group Harmonics of Austin, Texas, and a three-time author of books on leadership.
“Every management team has in it some level of a fictitious belief that they can see the future,” Mr. Muzio says. “One thing that happens an awful lot in management teams – and I mean at all levels – is that it’s very easy to get into a conversation about history.”
Mr. Muzio says leaders need to move such conversations away from what happened to better plan for a rapidly evolving future.
With the future so uncertain in 2020, he says leaders should rake their best steps today – but be ready to change everything tomorrow.
Ed Muzio expands on these ideas and more in this CVBT Audio/Video Interview Podcast.
• Former restauranteur knows the real recipe for business success
• “A lesson that’s not just for business, but is actually a lesson for life”
Total Recorded Time is 23:55
Dan Sachs knows …
• Too many in business are letting their creativity languish, expert says
• “Everything about creativity can be learned”
Despite all the talk about innovation, people in business are not …
• Public pension plans are just murder for insider Josiah Vencel
• “It’s nonfiction wrapped in fiction”
There are only a few ways to keep a public pension fund financially viable: …
• No, you’re not immune to bias
• “Work that really does have an impact is when you help people understand the way they’re making decisions”
Howard Ross, a lifelong social justice …
• Expert Jennifer Kahnweiler says it’s time organizations were introvert-friendly
• “You’ll get so much more out of your team if you play to their preferences”
(Total recorded time is …
• How to spot the hidden technology reefs that could shipwreck your small business
• “You can be leveraging technology in the same way that a …