• The real threat may lie in its use by governments
• “I’m very worried that the same kinds of abuses that are occurring in China could trickle into our system”
Back in 1957, the journalist Vance Packard published his book called “The Hidden Persuaders,” revealing how advertisers used consumer motivational research and other psychological techniques, including subliminal tactics, to manipulate expectations and persuade Americans to buy certain products.
Now fast forward 62 years and we’re in the age of artificial intelligence, called A-I for short.
Artificial intelligence is hard at work, changing us. Sophisticated AI algorithms can scrape, log, and cross-reference who you are and how to best exploit your emotional hot buttons in fractions of a second.
Have we not learned anything since Vance Packard’s book? Or are we blowing things out of proportion, as some accused Mr. Packard of doing?
To answer that question is our CVBT Audio Interview Podcast guest, William Ammerman, author of the new book, “The Invisible Brand: Marketing in the Age of Automation, Big Data, and Machine Learning.”
• What? You didn’t know? Why this is “The Era of Workplace Fun”
• Fun is serious business in recruiting – and retaining – the best
(Total Recorded Time is 42:43)
Repeat after me: “Work …
• Sales expert finds the 100 most critical sales skills
• “Six key themes emerged”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:48)
You might call him the “Readers Digest” for that aisle of books about …
• If you can’t or won’t sell, is business ownership for you?
• “One of the things I hope the book does is that it prevents people from making the big mistakes”
(Total Recorded Time is …
• Expert says it’s time to ditch the old way of selling – pitching, persuading and pressuring
• “Too often social entrepreneurs underestimate the …
• As nation emerges from COVID, leaders face new challenges to keep employees motivated
• “You’ve got to get in the game”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:05)
In addition to its tragic death …
• What leaders should prepare for
• “People are managing it very differently”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:41)
As the U.S. emerges from its worst …