• The real threat may lie in its use by governments
• “I’m very worried that the same kinds of abuses that are occurring in China could trickle into our system”
Back in 1957, the journalist Vance Packard published his book called “The Hidden Persuaders,” revealing how advertisers used consumer motivational research and other psychological techniques, including subliminal tactics, to manipulate expectations and persuade Americans to buy certain products.
Now fast forward 62 years and we’re in the age of artificial intelligence, called A-I for short.
Artificial intelligence is hard at work, changing us. Sophisticated AI algorithms can scrape, log, and cross-reference who you are and how to best exploit your emotional hot buttons in fractions of a second.
Have we not learned anything since Vance Packard’s book? Or are we blowing things out of proportion, as some accused Mr. Packard of doing?
To answer that question is our CVBT Audio Interview Podcast guest, William Ammerman, author of the new book, “The Invisible Brand: Marketing in the Age of Automation, Big Data, and Machine Learning.”
• Former restauranteur knows the real recipe for business success
• “A lesson that’s not just for business, but is actually a lesson for life”
Total Recorded Time is 23:55
Dan Sachs knows …
• Too many in business are letting their creativity languish, expert says
• “Everything about creativity can be learned”
Despite all the talk about innovation, people in business are not …
• Public pension plans are just murder for insider Josiah Vencel
• “It’s nonfiction wrapped in fiction”
There are only a few ways to keep a public pension fund financially viable: …
• No, you’re not immune to bias
• “Work that really does have an impact is when you help people understand the way they’re making decisions”
Howard Ross, a lifelong social justice …
• Expert Jennifer Kahnweiler says it’s time organizations were introvert-friendly
• “You’ll get so much more out of your team if you play to their preferences”
(Total recorded time is …
• How to spot the hidden technology reefs that could shipwreck your small business
• “You can be leveraging technology in the same way that a …