• Want to improve your leadership skills? Row across the Atlantic Ocean*
• “I do crazy adventures basically, seemingly impossible things”
• *Or you could listen to this podcast
Jason Caldwell has done something it is safe to say very few other humans have ever done in the history of humankind: He’s has rowed a small boat some 3,000 miles across the Atlantic Ocean. Not once, but twice.
He admits to making mistakes on that first row, but he corrected course for the second time and after rowing for 35 days, 14 hours, and 3 minutes he and his crew won the perilous 2016 Talisker Whiskey Atlantic Challenge—or, as it’s known to those who attempt it, “The World's Toughest Row.”
They not only succeeded but set a world record.
But for Mr. Caldwell, the rowing had a larger purpose and he has taken what he learned from both rows and folded the knowledge into his Bay Area business, Latitude 35.
He explains how it all fits together in this CVBT Audio Interview podcast.
• What? You didn’t know? Why this is “The Era of Workplace Fun”
• Fun is serious business in recruiting – and retaining – the best
(Total Recorded Time is 42:43)
Repeat after me: “Work …
• Sales expert finds the 100 most critical sales skills
• “Six key themes emerged”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:48)
You might call him the “Readers Digest” for that aisle of books about …
• If you can’t or won’t sell, is business ownership for you?
• “One of the things I hope the book does is that it prevents people from making the big mistakes”
(Total Recorded Time is …
• Expert says it’s time to ditch the old way of selling – pitching, persuading and pressuring
• “Too often social entrepreneurs underestimate the …
• As nation emerges from COVID, leaders face new challenges to keep employees motivated
• “You’ve got to get in the game”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:05)
In addition to its tragic death …
• What leaders should prepare for
• “People are managing it very differently”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:41)
As the U.S. emerges from its worst …