• How techniques used by improv actors can be applied to business
• “That audience is often drunk and yelling at them”
The laughter of an audience at a comedy improv keeps comedians going. But those warriors of the standup wars are also using techniques that can help business leaders be more effective.
So says Norm Laviolette, who has been performing, directing or producing live comedy for more than 20 years. His new book, “The Art of Making Sh!t Up: How to Work Together to Become an Unstoppable Powerhouse,” describes how the techniques of improv can transform teams into more powerful, creative and healthy organizations.
Listen to Norm Laviolette in this week’s exclusive CVBT Audio Interview Podcast:
• Northeastern University executive professor says she has a better way to get a new job
• She calls it “boutique employability”
Suddenly, finding a new job is much harder, thanks to the …
• With a dash of magic, he has motivated thousands
• “I was a very shy kid”
Subscribe to our daily CVBT Executive Nesletter by email here:
In talking with Jon …
• Outplacement export says immediate, and big, government action needed to avert massive layoffs
• “This is truly unprecedented in the way it’s …
• Disruptive times demands innovative leaders – but where are they?
• “Adaptive leadership is required”
Subscribe to the CVBT Executive Newsletter here:
• Global supply chains are unprepared
• “We’re in for a global recession”
The COVID-19 coronavirus may well trigger a massive worldwide economic downturn. …
• He says artificial intelligence will be the biggest change since the internet
• “AI, and automation in general, will create a lot more jobs”
Sign up for our daily email …