• Author Paul Napper says there’s a common reason so many are anxious in the U.S.
• “We actually have a silent epidemic … of anxiety”
The United States is chock full of people who are anxious. Anxious about their businesses. Their lives. You name it.
One of the reasons, says researcher and author Paul Napper, is that people have lost their “agency.”
“This is primarily an American problem. We have gotten to a state of near-overwhelm as a society,” he says. “We are very over-stimulated. We have robust data that suggest there is a tremendous amount of anxiety. We actually have a silent epidemic … of anxiety.”
He joins us on today’s CVBT Audio Interview Podcast to tell us just what it means to lose one’s agency – and what to do about it.
Please click here to listen to the CVBT Podcast:
• What? You didn’t know? Why this is “The Era of Workplace Fun”
• Fun is serious business in recruiting – and retaining – the best
(Total Recorded Time is 42:43)
Repeat after me: “Work …
• Sales expert finds the 100 most critical sales skills
• “Six key themes emerged”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:48)
You might call him the “Readers Digest” for that aisle of books about …
• If you can’t or won’t sell, is business ownership for you?
• “One of the things I hope the book does is that it prevents people from making the big mistakes”
(Total Recorded Time is …
• Expert says it’s time to ditch the old way of selling – pitching, persuading and pressuring
• “Too often social entrepreneurs underestimate the …
• As nation emerges from COVID, leaders face new challenges to keep employees motivated
• “You’ve got to get in the game”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:05)
In addition to its tragic death …
• What leaders should prepare for
• “People are managing it very differently”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:41)
As the U.S. emerges from its worst …