• Author Paul Napper says there’s a common reason so many are anxious in the U.S.
• “We actually have a silent epidemic … of anxiety”
The United States is chock full of people who are anxious. Anxious about their businesses. Their lives. You name it.
One of the reasons, says researcher and author Paul Napper, is that people have lost their “agency.”
“This is primarily an American problem. We have gotten to a state of near-overwhelm as a society,” he says. “We are very over-stimulated. We have robust data that suggest there is a tremendous amount of anxiety. We actually have a silent epidemic … of anxiety.”
He joins us on today’s CVBT Audio Interview Podcast to tell us just what it means to lose one’s agency – and what to do about it.
Please click here to listen to the CVBT Podcast:
• Vito Altavilla tells how he did it
• “It’s more like you’re a chronicler of an age
(Total Recorded Time is 13:12)
Lots of people think they’ve got a book inside of them but few do …
• Only pay and advancement tops clear communications
• “It’s all important that you know which words matter”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:39)
• Expert tells why customer onboarding is as important as the sale
• “Find out what your customers want and need”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:51)
For more than two decades, Donna Weber has …
• A quiet Charlotte family is thrust into Hollywood
• “Writing for me was something that I didn’t share with anybody”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:21)
• Transformation coach points to his own unusual experience
• “I have a mission on this Earth”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:04)
What he describes as a mystical experience has shaped the …
• It’s the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S.
• “When you bring up the word ‘suicide,’ people shut down”
(Total Recorded Time is 26:05)