• The overlooked authenticity factor to success
• “The most effective thing you can do is be yourself”
A lot of people want to be effective public speakers, whether to advance a business or profession or to actually make it a career. But a veteran speakers coach says too many overlook a key to success – being authentic.
“My passion is authenticity,” Norma Hollis says. “I spent 30 years studying what it meant to be authentic.”
The Los Angeles based coach says being authentic – not trying to copy another person – is a key to success as a public speaker. “The speakers who are the most powerful were the ones who were themselves on stage,” she says.
The “don’ts” and “can’ts” pounded into people from their earliest years are one reason too many people are inauthentic, she says. “We get in that structure and we lose sight of those gifts and talents that came naturally to us,” she says.
Norma Hollis talks about authenticity and why it’s needed in leadership as well as public speaking in CVBT Audio Interview Podcast redux.
• Mark Willis says people should bank on themselves
• “When do we ever stop to think about our wants and needs are for ourselves?”
Author and …
• New techniques can be applied at home and work
• “We’d like to think we’re good listeners, but….”
(Total Recorded Time is 6:16)
If you’re trying to communicate better at work, perhaps …
• What Hemmingway can teach beginning authors
• “If you want to be a professional, you’ve got to treat it like a job”
(Total Recorded Time is 27:24)
So you think you can write a book? If …
• New brain patterns can help shed limiting beliefs
• “Everything is based around energy. Everything”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:15)
We’ve heard about IQ. And EQ. Now, says veteran …
• Cult victim grows into a meditation teacher and yoga guru
• MahanKirn Khalsa talks about her life
From poverty and degradation to worldwide …
• Survivor of war-torn Berlin recounts life’s lessons
• An ironic twist to Hitler’s car
For many younger people, the horrors of World War Two are something read about in a history book. …