• The overlooked authenticity factor to success
• “The most effective thing you can do is be yourself”
A lot of people want to be effective public speakers, whether to advance a business or profession or to actually make it a career. But a veteran speakers coach says too many overlook a key to success – being authentic.
“My passion is authenticity,” Norma Hollis says. “I spent 30 years studying what it meant to be authentic.”
The Los Angeles based coach says being authentic – not trying to copy another person – is a key to success as a public speaker. “The speakers who are the most powerful were the ones who were themselves on stage,” she says.
The “don’ts” and “can’ts” pounded into people from their earliest years are one reason too many people are inauthentic, she says. “We get in that structure and we lose sight of those gifts and talents that came naturally to us,” she says.
Norma Hollis talks about authenticity and why it’s needed in leadership as well as public speaking in CVBT Audio Interview Podcast redux.
• Why managers need to recognize brain sex
• The “4 C’s” a manager can implement today
• “You can’t ignore gender”
(Total recorded time is 14:41)
In these days of pandemic, every business …
• Music from the heart and heat of World War Two is is being remastered for a 21st Century audience
• “I discovered them while going through his attic”
(Total recorded time is 11:32)
• What leaders can learn from top adventurers
• “The end result if you can work through that conflict and communicate effectively is you get better …
• Management consultant say now is the time for companies to be intensely training the next generation of leaders
• “How do I quickly and …
• Even when working from home, you can strive for a balance between work and life, Fresno State expert says
• “We do better when we’re rested and when we have time away from work”
• Commercial real estate disruptor calls for nore “conscious capitalism”
• “You can create extraordinary success by helping others succeed”
Jonathan Keyser, founder and CEO of the Phoenix, …