• The overlooked authenticity factor to success
• “The most effective thing you can do is be yourself”
A lot of people want to be effective public speakers, whether to advance a business or profession or to actually make it a career. But a veteran speakers coach says too many overlook a key to success – being authentic.
“My passion is authenticity,” Norma Hollis says. “I spent 30 years studying what it meant to be authentic.”
The Los Angeles based coach says being authentic – not trying to copy another person – is a key to success as a public speaker. “The speakers who are the most powerful were the ones who were themselves on stage,” she says.
The “don’ts” and “can’ts” pounded into people from their earliest years are one reason too many people are inauthentic, she says. “We get in that structure and we lose sight of those gifts and talents that came naturally to us,” she says.
Norma Hollis talks about authenticity and why it’s needed in leadership as well as public speaking in CVBT Audio Interview Podcast redux.
• Former restauranteur knows the real recipe for business success
• “A lesson that’s not just for business, but is actually a lesson for life”
Total Recorded Time is 23:55
Dan Sachs knows …
• Too many in business are letting their creativity languish, expert says
• “Everything about creativity can be learned”
Despite all the talk about innovation, people in business are not …
• Public pension plans are just murder for insider Josiah Vencel
• “It’s nonfiction wrapped in fiction”
There are only a few ways to keep a public pension fund financially viable: …
• No, you’re not immune to bias
• “Work that really does have an impact is when you help people understand the way they’re making decisions”
Howard Ross, a lifelong social justice …
• Expert Jennifer Kahnweiler says it’s time organizations were introvert-friendly
• “You’ll get so much more out of your team if you play to their preferences”
(Total recorded time is …
• How to spot the hidden technology reefs that could shipwreck your small business
• “You can be leveraging technology in the same way that a …