• Former musician Michael Maher is now helping small business increase sales using Amazon
• “They’re very, very intent on customer satisfaction”
Michael Maher has gone from musician to corporate ladder-climber to selling used guitars on eBay to starting his own e-commerce business to what he’s currently doing, advising small businesses on how to sell their products through the nation’s largest online retailer, Amazon.
“I used my knowledge of selling music gear on eBay and the guide of a mentor to launch my own ecommerce business,” Mr. Maher says.
That $2,000 investment grew to the point that he could quit his job and market and find adequate income as an eBay seller.
But Amazon has provided him with prosperity, he says.
After double digit growth for six straight years and a peak of almost $400,000 in sales, he went from selling to helping other businesses sell on Amazon.
How easy is it to build your business using Amazon as your marketplace? Mr. Maher stresses that you first must have a solid product and solid support.
“They’re very, very intent on customer satisfaction,” says Mr. Maher. “And that need to not just satisfy a customer but to really delight them and surprise them. To keep that customer experience high, they have very, very strict standards on what is allowed to be sold and who is allowed to sell. ”
Michael Maher offers tips and examples from his own experiences in online selling in today’s CVBT Audio Interview Podcast.
• What? You didn’t know? Why this is “The Era of Workplace Fun”
• Fun is serious business in recruiting – and retaining – the best
(Total Recorded Time is 42:43)
Repeat after me: “Work …
• Sales expert finds the 100 most critical sales skills
• “Six key themes emerged”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:48)
You might call him the “Readers Digest” for that aisle of books about …
• If you can’t or won’t sell, is business ownership for you?
• “One of the things I hope the book does is that it prevents people from making the big mistakes”
(Total Recorded Time is …
• Expert says it’s time to ditch the old way of selling – pitching, persuading and pressuring
• “Too often social entrepreneurs underestimate the …
• As nation emerges from COVID, leaders face new challenges to keep employees motivated
• “You’ve got to get in the game”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:05)
In addition to its tragic death …
• What leaders should prepare for
• “People are managing it very differently”
(Total Recorded Time is 15:41)
As the U.S. emerges from its worst …