• Former musician Michael Maher is now helping small business increase sales using Amazon
• “They’re very, very intent on customer satisfaction”
Michael Maher has gone from musician to corporate ladder-climber to selling used guitars on eBay to starting his own e-commerce business to what he’s currently doing, advising small businesses on how to sell their products through the nation’s largest online retailer, Amazon.
“I used my knowledge of selling music gear on eBay and the guide of a mentor to launch my own ecommerce business,” Mr. Maher says.
That $2,000 investment grew to the point that he could quit his job and market and find adequate income as an eBay seller.
But Amazon has provided him with prosperity, he says.
After double digit growth for six straight years and a peak of almost $400,000 in sales, he went from selling to helping other businesses sell on Amazon.
How easy is it to build your business using Amazon as your marketplace? Mr. Maher stresses that you first must have a solid product and solid support.
“They’re very, very intent on customer satisfaction,” says Mr. Maher. “And that need to not just satisfy a customer but to really delight them and surprise them. To keep that customer experience high, they have very, very strict standards on what is allowed to be sold and who is allowed to sell. ”
Michael Maher offers tips and examples from his own experiences in online selling in today’s CVBT Audio Interview Podcast.
• Former restauranteur knows the real recipe for business success
• “A lesson that’s not just for business, but is actually a lesson for life”
Total Recorded Time is 23:55
Dan Sachs knows …
• Too many in business are letting their creativity languish, expert says
• “Everything about creativity can be learned”
Despite all the talk about innovation, people in business are not …
• Public pension plans are just murder for insider Josiah Vencel
• “It’s nonfiction wrapped in fiction”
There are only a few ways to keep a public pension fund financially viable: …
• No, you’re not immune to bias
• “Work that really does have an impact is when you help people understand the way they’re making decisions”
Howard Ross, a lifelong social justice …
• Expert Jennifer Kahnweiler says it’s time organizations were introvert-friendly
• “You’ll get so much more out of your team if you play to their preferences”
(Total recorded time is …
• How to spot the hidden technology reefs that could shipwreck your small business
• “You can be leveraging technology in the same way that a …