• Former musician Michael Maher is now helping small business increase sales using Amazon
• “They’re very, very intent on customer satisfaction”
Michael Maher has gone from musician to corporate ladder-climber to selling used guitars on eBay to starting his own e-commerce business to what he’s currently doing, advising small businesses on how to sell their products through the nation’s largest online retailer, Amazon.
“I used my knowledge of selling music gear on eBay and the guide of a mentor to launch my own ecommerce business,” Mr. Maher says.
That $2,000 investment grew to the point that he could quit his job and market and find adequate income as an eBay seller.
But Amazon has provided him with prosperity, he says.
After double digit growth for six straight years and a peak of almost $400,000 in sales, he went from selling to helping other businesses sell on Amazon.
How easy is it to build your business using Amazon as your marketplace? Mr. Maher stresses that you first must have a solid product and solid support.
“They’re very, very intent on customer satisfaction,” says Mr. Maher. “And that need to not just satisfy a customer but to really delight them and surprise them. To keep that customer experience high, they have very, very strict standards on what is allowed to be sold and who is allowed to sell. ”
Michael Maher offers tips and examples from his own experiences in online selling in today’s CVBT Audio Interview Podcast.
• And they are getting other firms to do it too
• Updating an old saying
Total Recorded Time is 20:07
There’s a saying used by many business …
• Ken Honda explains how angry money is holding you back
• “You can free yourself financially and also emotionally”
Total Recorded Time is 15:30
• Jo Deaton offers 5 ways to stay resilient during the pandemic
• She says none of this is normal
Total Recorded Time is 9:05
It's been more than a …
• UC Merced researchers say covering the state’s canal matrix with solar panels generates savings, helps clear the air
• “Without taking a bit of …
• Action plan is adopted with two-year deadline
• “We know the challenges are daunting”
Total recorded time is 13:40
With more than one out of every four homeless people in the nation …
• How a Central Valley firefighter is trying to stop the wildfire of suicides in the ranks
• Firefighter suicides surpass on-duty death
Total Recorded Time is 14:49
And if that sounds …