• Veteran entrepreneur says women need to be their true authentic selves
• “When you are living your life inauthentically, you will feel exhausted”
(Total Recorded Time is 13:15)
Many women entrepreneurs fall into the trap of trying to fill the cups of others — and their business — without filling their own cup first.
“There are 12 traps that we get caught up in,” says seasoned entrepreneur Deanna Herrin. “In my years as an entrepreneur … I was learning to become a great leader, learning to become better at certain skill sets, I was learning to become a person who could lead other leaders.”
But that was a trap, she found. What was needed develop as a true leader was to un-become certain aspects of life that she calls lies.
“When you are living your life inauthentically, you will feel exhausted,” Ms. Herrin writes in her new book, “Unbecoming: A Journey to Finding Her,” (independently published, February 2022).
She explains the title of her book this way: “It’s about unbecoming the lies that we have believed for so many years to really be your true authentic self.”
Deanna Herrin joins us for this Bizgnus Interview Podcast:
Please click here to watch the interview:
Ms. Herrin says unbecoming is rooted in one simple truth: “The search for true joy is not external.”
An entrepreneur, author, and podcast host of “The Deanna Herrin Show,” Ms. Herrin has spent the past 23 years working with thousands of female entrepreneurs growing small businesses and teams in the wellness space. Ms. Herrin is a speaker on leadership, limiting beliefs, and money mindset.
For more information: https://deannaherrin.net/
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We have published unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
Opinions are those of our guests. Bizgnus never endorses the viewpoints, products or services of its guests, who are selected based on their knowledge and experience.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
We'd appreciate your financial support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400. Our email address is email@example.com
• Recession – or worse – ahead, warns economist
• “There’s a good chance we’ll have a recession in 2023”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:02)
The nation’s economy, if not the world economy, is …
• Marine Corps veteran turned author says quantum mechanics points to an inner god
• “I’ve come around to this idea we all have a god inside us”
(TRT is 24:15)
David Richards went from a …
• He taps ancient wisdom
• “So I thought it was time to up end the way we are talking to each other”
(TRT is 20:56)
Elvir Causevic runs a boutique investment bank in San Francisco. But …
• Business coach says even grief can help rebuild success
• “I stumbled upon grief as many of us do”
(Total Recorded Time is 22:37)
Failure and grief can be turned into into personal, …
• David Bentall went through one and has learned
• “It was a very, very painful thing for our family”
(Total Recorded Time is 24:23)
Your children. …
• New writers find it takes more than a turn of phrase
• “It’s one thing that writers should learn early on”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:00)