• Done right, it can grab attention and cement your message in the mind
• “We connect with those businesses that take risks and laugh at themselves”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:58)
Is your marketing a joke? Seriously, adding humor to marketing may improve it, say the marketing mavens of humorous cat litter and other things, Shelby Dash and Kristina Clifford.
The owners of Take2Content in Los Angeles, are using humor to help clients find and retain customers on social media.
For the cat litter advertiser, the pair “decided to tackle the ‘cat lady’ stigma head on, by positioning our spokesperson as the complete opposite: a cat goddess.”
The product, Pretty Litter, is a silica-based litter that changes colors based on what’s in a cat’s urine. The colors can offer early signs of health problems.
“Pretty Litter gave us the flexibility to have full creative freedom (and a little too much fun) with this video,” say the commercial’s creators. “We handled every element of video production from ideation to final edit.”
Shelby Dash and Kristina Clifford joins us for this Bizgnus Interview Podcast to talk a bit about littler and a lot about marketing with humor.
Please click here to watch the Bizgnus podcast, including a portion of the Pretty Litter spot:
“We connect with those businesses that take risks and laugh at themselves,” says Ms. Clifford. “That’s a good quality to have in a business.”
In the podcast Ms. Dash and Ms. Clifford also offer five ideas on how to create a successful social media ad campaign.
For more information: https://www.take2content.com
Bizgnus reports, writes, edits and publishes business news in online, broadcast and printed publications.
We have published unbiased, unfiltered and in-depth interviews with business and other thought leaders since 2005.
Opinions are those of our guests. Bizgnus never endorses the viewpoints, products or services of its guests, who are selected based on their knowledge and experience.
No one pays to get on our podcasts. And we don't accept advertising (although Google/YouTube sells ads on our videos.)
We'd appreciate your financial support through Patreon. If you’d like to help, please click here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=56957587
Our address is 150 Herons Run, #104, Sarasota, Florida 34232. Call us anytime at 209.470.3400. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mark Willis says people should bank on themselves
• “When do we ever stop to think about our wants and needs are for ourselves?”
Author and …
• New techniques can be applied at home and work
• “We’d like to think we’re good listeners, but….”
(Total Recorded Time is 6:16)
If you’re trying to communicate better at work, perhaps …
• What Hemmingway can teach beginning authors
• “If you want to be a professional, you’ve got to treat it like a job”
(Total Recorded Time is 27:24)
So you think you can write a book? If …
• New brain patterns can help shed limiting beliefs
• “Everything is based around energy. Everything”
(Total Recorded Time is 16:15)
We’ve heard about IQ. And EQ. Now, says veteran …
• Cult victim grows into a meditation teacher and yoga guru
• MahanKirn Khalsa talks about her life
From poverty and degradation to worldwide …
• Survivor of war-torn Berlin recounts life’s lessons
• An ironic twist to Hitler’s car
For many younger people, the horrors of World War Two are something read about in a history book. …