• If you can’t or won’t sell, is business ownership for you?
• “One of the things I hope the book does is that it prevents people from making the big mistakes”
(Total Recorded Time is 25:05)
Patrick Burke, who has advised more than 200 successful start-ups as well as mergers, acquisitions, and other business deals, has s seen a lot -- including a lot of mistakes.
He’s the managing partner of Cincinnati, Ohio-based Burke & Schindler PLL and Concentric Wealth Management and joins us to talk about some of the biggest mistakes would-be business owners make.
Please click here to watch our interview:
• New writers find it takes more than a turn of phrase
• “It’s one thing that writers should learn early on”
(Total Recorded Time is 17:00)
• They are a gift that helps solidify your customer base – if you handle them correctly
• “People remember these things literally for decades”
• You already have something in you that others will pay money to learn
• “It’s absolutely counterintuitive”
(Total Recorded Time is 18:51)
• An open mind state can unleash your creativity, expert says
• “Symbolically, we empty our mind, we get very quiet in order to become receptive”
• Carolina Billings used her crisis to form a new organization for women
• “My personal mission and vision is to increase women’s visibility and …
raditional approaches to getting the right people in the right jobs could be a mistake
• “You have to develop your capability as a leader”